Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news on exchange lines

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Any news on exchange lines

I wonder if there has been any news on exchange lines? There are loads of houses around here that are on exchange lines.
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Any news on exchange lines

I've just been discussing this with Dave, no real news other than BT have just a handful of FTTP exchange lines which are being trialed at present. FYI plans are also being made to install"FTTC mini cabs" for some customers in fibre areas with exchange lines.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

Loads of people on my estate on exchange lines so hope the install one on the mini cabinets around here.
joncooper
Grafter

Superfast Cornwall says ~
The "exchange-only" trial took place last year at Stenalees exchange, and further to that, fibre cabinets have started to be built in some exchanges - Par included. Note that not all exchange-only lines may be covered by one new cabinet - in Par, several new cabs are being built. It's great news for the many thousands of EO lines in Cornwall that this solution has started to be built!

I'd imagine that's being rolled out country wide
glloyd
Rising Star

That's OK if you are near the exchange but we are over a mile away and the cable goes all over the place. We need a cab much closer than the exchange.