Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional FTTP Account

ecomergy
Rising Star

Additional FTTP Account

Hello,

I'm an existing business customer with PlusNet and have been for 17 years (!). The last  18 months or so I have been lucky enough to have FTTP with you guys at my business. I have recently brought a property in the same FTTP area which I am doing up and will be living in hopefully by Christmas. I would like PlusNet FTTP there also, but want to keep my existing business FTTP account going.

As such I guess I need to create an additional PlusNet account for myself for personal use (and of course recommend myself) but that I guess would mean I am not an existing user and could not join the 'trial'?

The property does have an old phone line going into it, though I don't plan on using it. From what I have seen on here, It would seem the process would be:

1. get phone line up with you and ADSL

2. Order FTTP

3. Get FTTP installed

4. Cancel phone line.

My questions then:

Is this correct?

Is there a more direct way?

As I don't plan on keeping the phone line, will I be able to cancel the line without being tied into a contract as soon as FTTP is fully functional?

Thanks

Mark 

13 REPLIES 13
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Additional FTTP Account

That all looks correct.

@ecomergy wrote:

Is there a more direct way?

I'd recommend giving myself or @MattyC a nudge once you've raised the FTTP Trial ticket through http://trials.plus.net and we'll make sure the order is placed for you.

@ecomergy wrote:

As I don't plan on keeping the phone line, will I be able to cancel the line without being tied into a contract as soon as FTTP is fully functional?

The contract should stay the same as whatever you've signed up to. If you're wanting no contract, it would be best to select this on signup and it'll stay as no contract when it moves to the FTTP trial (Unless you specifically change to a new account with a new contract or take a recontracting offer independently of the trial.)

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ecomergy
Rising Star

Hello.

I have today signed up for the new ADSL account as discussed, taking advantage of the £75 cashback.... As there is no phone loine at the property, an engineer will apparently need to visit, so that is not until 1st November. Not worried as I said we don't plan on using the ADSL or phone line, but it is the start for the FTTP access. You asked to prompt you here so that is what I am doing. What do you need from me to start the FTTP process? Thanks

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Can you drop me a PM with the username for the new account please.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ecomergy
Rising Star

Done Smiley

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks.

It looks like the FTTP ticket was picked up much quicker than I'm used to and someone else has already picked it up and asked you to answer the necessary questions to sign up for the trial.

If you could respond to this, we should be able to progress with the order.

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=135731012

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ecomergy
Rising Star

Thanks Harry. I have responded, and it is now on hold until the ADSL and line are installed, which I guess is to be expected. I'll update here once that has happened. Thanks

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks. Give us a nudge once the ADSL is active and we'll chase up the FTTP ticket if it hasn't already been picked up Thumbs_Up

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ecomergy
Rising Star

Hi Harry,

A nudge as promised. This morning Openreach came and activated the phone line so I guess we are good to go with the Fibre install? Not tested ADSL itself yet though as I think there is something odd with the new account as I can't even log in to the Plusnet Portal with it - perhaps because it is not yet live?

Thanks

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've made sure the FTTP order has been placed.

@ecomergy wrote:
Not tested ADSL itself yet though

The ADSL isn't active yet. It should be active within 4-7 working days now the phone order has completed.

@ecomergy wrote:
I think there is something odd with the new account as I can't even log in to the Plusnet Portal with it - perhaps because it is not yet live?

You should be able to log in to the member centre from sign-up, the fact that services aren't live should not prevent this.

Do you receive an error message at all?

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ecomergy
Rising Star

Hi Harry,

Well I had a message yesterday saying the ADSL went live, but I don't think I'll even test is because... Also yesterday Open Reach did the outside work for FTTP Smiley I assume now an appointment needs to be made for the internal works?  I am amazed at how quickly we have got this far. I've not had the FTTP router yet though. Will it be PlusNet or Openreach that contact me to arrange the internal appointment?

Thanks

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear it's going well so far. Apologies the appointment hadn't been confirmed to you yet.

I've updated the ticket confirming the internal appointment and dispatched your router for you.

If you need to change the appointment, please respond to the ticket and give me a nudge here on the forums Smiley

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ecomergy
Rising Star

Hi Harry. I've updated the ticket asking for the internal appointment to be rescheduled. Sadly I am needed at my sons school that morning - typical eh. You asked me to nudge you on here too. Many thanks

ecomergy
Rising Star

Just another nudge... Bit worried that Openreach will turn up tomorrow and find me out. I can't be there until about 11am. Have tried here and on the My questions section to change the appointment, but not had a response. Thanks