cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANother BT fttp customer here, looking to switch to Plusnet

marketraisen

ANother BT fttp customer here, looking to switch to Plusnet

I have been encouraged by some of the other topics posted on ehre from others in my position.

I already have FTTP installed and running, so the process for switching to Plusnet looks like I would need to dump BT, become a Plusnet ADSL customer, then try and join the FTTP trial.

I'm not even going to consider switching until I get some idea about how long it takes and what costs are involved, so if any of you out there have gone through the same process, I'd love to know how it worked out for you?

I've just had 2 pretty unproductive phonecalls with Plusnet sales staff, they got all giddy when I said I wanted to switch but both times didnt have a clue what I was talking about and tried to sell me on some fantastic 18 month ADSL packages (that I would look to have for a few days maximum).  Is there a direct number that I could speak to somebody within plusnet that deals with fttp customers?

2 REPLIES 2
libbyf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: ANother BT fttp customer here, looking to switch to Plusnet

I switched to Plusnet FTTC at my previous property back in October, so that when I moved to a native FTTP house I wouldn't be stuck with BT prices. So not quite the same as you, but similar. Once the FTTP equipment was up and running at the new house (took a while for Openreach/developer to sort it out) the switch on from Plusnet was overnight. The contract you take for ASDL will be the same contract that you get when you switch to FTTP, I believe.

Posting here is the best ways to contact FTTP knowledgable staff. Smiley

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: ANother BT fttp customer here, looking to switch to Plusnet

This is the official position from Plusnet support staff here  on the way to join the trial.

Also bear in mind that Plusnet FTTP customers cannot get Plusnet TV (not a technical decision but a business one) so if that was a factor in your thought process then please be aware. Plusnet support staff official answer here and that thread was last updated on the 20th April 2016 with the response 

Unfortunately no updates on this at the moment

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT