cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80/20 experience (not good)

johnny

80/20 experience (not good)

Hello
I signed up with Plusnet last month, following a long time with Zen Internet (who are brilliant but pricey).
All the speedtests I was doing was showing that I was getting a consistent 35-37Mbps (even if Plusnet did email me to tell me I'd get 40Mbps +/- 1Mbps)
I soon found that Plusnet was offering trials on the 80/20 service so I signed up.  How is Plusnet assessing the performance of this trial?
My experience so far, on 80/20, is that my upload has increased from 1.5Mbps to 9-10Mbps.  Download speed has crashed from 37Mbps and now struggles along between 10Mbps and 20Mbps.
I expected issues on the trial, but I did not expect the level of service that we knew I could achieve to be affected.  Thought it would be somewhere between 40 and 80Mbps?

From my reading on here so far, the ZyXEL NBG4604 has stayed in the box (I don't need to introduce further problems) and I have stuck with the Netgear that was sent for 40/2 service.
I am aware there was a big outage on Thursday.  I have rebooted the BT Openreach and the Netgear boxes a number of times.  I am still not seeing any increase on these mediocre speeds.
Any ideas or advice?
TIA
1 REPLY 1
johnny

Re: 80/20 experience (not good)

My upload speed is better than my download speed  Cry

How low can you go?