cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80/20 Trial speed issues

jeffreymob

80/20 Trial speed issues

Hi,
I have been on the 80/20 trial for about 2 weeks now and my download speeds have not really increased.
I have run the BT speed test beta test showing a download speed of 11.51Mbps and an upload speed of 8.16 Mbps, running the BT speed tester FTTC diagnostics my max achievable download speed is 77.43 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up, my actual speed 36 Mbps down and 15.59 up. Whilst I was 40/10 my download speed was 36 Mbps and an upload speed of 7.5 Mbps.
My results from my speedtest.net are

I would of thought with the speeds experienced on 40/10 I would see speeds of about 72 Mbps down?
Does this mean my rate is capped or does PN need to adjust my settings
The router i'm using is the Netgear WNR 1000v3 and my cabinet is only 25 Meters away if that is any help.
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
willm888
Dabbler

Re: 80/20 Trial speed issues

A few have reported that they need to reboot the modem to reset the download sync speed where the upload sync automatically updates, try that and see what the speed tester reports. 
I'm assuming you're testing wired and not wirelessly...!?
jeffreymob

I have rebooted my modem and router and also left them disconnected for 30 mins, I am also running wired and not wireless.
I have even bypassed the router and connected straight into the modem and the speeds remain the same
Any ideas?
mxs
Grafter

What is your current line speed shown here?
It should be set to 20 Mb for the 80/20 trial - the normal FTTC profile is 37 Mb and will be restricting your speed if it was not updated for some reason.
jeffreymob

mxs
My current line speed is set to 20 mb
jeffreymob

My issue has been solved
Raised a ticket with PN and they refreshed my profile, but at the same time I bought a new computer, so could be one or the other.
My speeds are now what I would of expected.

Thanks for your help
Great Forum
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Raised a ticket with PN and they refreshed my profile, but at the same time I bought a new computer, so could be one or the other.

Interesting, I can see the profile on our side was already set correctly, did you unplug or switch off/on the router when you set up your new PC?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jeffreymob

Adam
No I purposefully left the router and modem on during my new pc set up, So maybe is was my computer causing the issue I don,t know
Everything is running perfectly at the moment and my speeds are consistently above 73 mbps