cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80/20 FTTC Trial Closed

mikeyriot
Grafter

Re: 80/20 FTTC Trial Open

I requested to join the trial yesterday as well as a package change (to fibre extra) and a trial router. I assume I'll have to wait for the package change to go through (at the end of the month) before I get the new profile, but is there any chance of getting the router early? I like the netgear router but I'm running old firmware as the latest version is pants and I hate not being up to date  Cry
paulpicks21
Grafter

Results on Speedtest.net are very consistent today.
I have ran maybe 20 tests from 3.30pm to 7.30pm and it has not once dropped below 73meg  Smiley
Bazza
Grafter

That's very encouraging.
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: paulpicks21
Results on Speedtest.net are very consistent today.
I have ran maybe 20 tests from 3.30pm to 7.30pm and it has not once dropped below 73meg  Smiley
I've had the opposite today, been all over the place!
Dev
Rising Star

Quote from: dave
Quote from: KevinG
It would be nice to get confirmation that existing usage allowances will/will not change for the duration of the trial. Also, whether those without the Pro add-on will still be subject to the evening 20Mb/s web-throttling.
Thanks (I've registered anyway!)

Usage allowance stays the same. The 20Mbps HTTP rate limit on Value Fibre and Extra Fibre is going to be removed soon (hopefully before the end of the week, it'll be going through our change control process tomorrow) for all fibre customers whether they are on Value Fibre, Extra Fibre, 40Mbps or 80Mbps.

Just signed up for the trial. Does this mean that I no longer need the Pro addon?
KevinG
Rising Star

No, the Pro add-on wasn't just for the evening HTTP traffic, it unleashes full speed on all the other protocols that are slowed down at various times without it.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Quote from: livetag
I would love to take up the trial offer but I have a quick question.
I have managed to negotiate myself a nice package deal when my original FTTC trial contract ended. I am now on FTTC 40Meg down 10Meg up and am having a manual price adjustment applied monthly as the package I am on is not called Fibre Value or Extra. Will I revert to the package I have currently once the trial ends if I do not continue with the 80/20.
Many thanks for your time

You can only take part in the trial if you're on Value Fibre or Extra Fibre. At the end of the trial you'd be to switch to whatever 80Mbps product we launch or switch back to 40Mbps but you'd stay on Value Fibre or Extra Fibre.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Is that the router I am getting Dave? It's currently sat at my local royal mail depot as I was out when it turned up. I will pick it up on the way to work in the morning.

Yeah, everyone this week will be getting the ZyXEL. Don't know how long they will last though.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Quote from: Cathotel
Sorry to be a pain but from some of the replies there seems to be a little bit of confusion and two ways of requesting the trial, which hopefully you could clarify?
In your original post you said all we had to do was to click on your link (lost the quote - sorry) navigate to and read the T's & C's text via the link at the bottom and accept them there and that's all we had to do?

Apologies for the confusion, what you need to do is read through the Ts & Cs then go to http://trials.plus.net and follow the 80/20 trial link. In the box on the trials.plus.net page state on the you accept the Ts & Cs and let us know if you want a router or not and continue and that will raise a ticket through to us and Adam or I will pick it up and get the order placed.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
KevinG
Rising Star

Quote from: dave
Don't know how long they will last though.
Probably until just after the warranty runs out  Smiley
paulpicks21
Grafter

My connection is running beautifully, the last test I did last night at around 9.30pm was just over 74.5meg and this morning its running even better, out of 15 tests I have not had one below 75meg and I got my best result ever a minute ago.
I am sort of scared to connect the new router later seeing as its running so well at the moment.
gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

@Dave I applied yesterday for the 80/20 trial [52464880] ,but I realise I didn't mention about a router, as I have one that should be fine. It is an Airport Extreme and offers Wireless N. That is what I am currently using on 40/10.
paulpicks21
Grafter

There is something I have just noticed which is concerning me slightly, (its ok at its being used from the free overnight usage) but prior to being on the 80/20 trial I used to use a max of around 5GB overnight usage in a month. In just the 3 nights since the 80/20 trial began for me I have used 4GB.
I have been going to bed early the last 3 nights and have not been awake for any of the 3 nights that this has happened.
Is there any reason this could be happening?

Paul.
w23
Pro

I am sort of scared to connect the new router later seeing as its running so well at the moment.

As long as you leave the modem running it shouldn't affect your connection at all.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
KevinG
Rising Star

Well this is a little disappointing. I haven't got back the speeds I got in the first day or so and am now managing 50M down at best. IP profile still shows as 72.89M so I don't know why this is. I'll give the new router a go later today just in case this helps.
Edit: tried rebooting the router, no difference, almost bang on 50Mbps on speedtest.net every time, compared to the 70Mbps I was getting.