cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80/20 FTTC Trial Closed

Pazz
Grafter

Re: 80/20 FTTC Trial Open

Has anyone obtained the max DL of 80 x 96.79% = 77.43mb?
Highest I've ever had on speedtest.net has been around mid 75.6mb.
Also, is it possible to find out if interleaving is turned on on my line? Or is it DLM managed on FTTC?
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

You will never get 100% of the profile, any more than you would on ADSL, I think 76 is about tops. As for interleaving, you can find out from the (unlocked) modem, but it can't be changed, DLM rules, OK?
Pazz
Grafter

@KevinG where abouts in the interface does the Huawei show interleaving on/off?
Pazz
Grafter

I've noticed that during the past 24 hrs my attinable rate has lost 11mb Sad SNR margin also dropped to 18.3dB (was 22dB).
KevinG
Rising Star

Quote from: Pazz
@KevinG where abouts in the interface does the Huawei show interleaving on/off?

If you run the shell command xdslcmd info --show then I think it's the line that starts 😧 which shows the interleaving depth and 1 means that it is off. I'm sure someone will correct me if this is nonsense!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@pazz
Diagnostics aren't showing me any obvious issues, try disconnecting/reconnecting then a beta speed test here: http://www.speedtester.bt.com
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
KevinG
Rising Star

My line speed is showing as 40Mb for the first time today. Speed tests indicate that everything is fine.
conorandlucy
Dabbler

I tried doing a speedtest last night and it was going up to about 23 for a few seconds then a sudden burst to the normal of about 74 though sometimes it got to 63.  Other occasions it did not get past 23.
Any ideas why this would be happening?  My brother did one and he said he was getting a faster upload than download.
leonelly

Hi,
It looks like my profile has been reset to 40Mb/s from 80.  I was getting around 68Mb/s download, but now am only getting 36Mb/s.  I've seen a few comments along these lines - is there anything that can be done to get back closer to where I was at the start of the trial?
Thanks

Leon
markjonesx

I have something fishy going on.
Signed up for the trial 80/20, Plusnet say everything on my line is OK? however, I get this?

Hmmmmm?
It's ticket 57456335, what gives?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@leonelly
Try logging in to the router and doing a single disconnect/reconnect.
@markjonesx
Try the same. Although it's worth keeping in mind that those who were syncing below the maximum on 40Mb are unlikely to see a significant improvement when going on to 80/20.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
leonelly

Quote from: Chris
@leonelly

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.  Since this has occured both the moden and router have been off due to a power cut and that made no difference, however I have done a disconnect / reconnect on the route, but nothings changed.  Worth noting though that uploads seem unaffected at 11-12Mb/s.

Thanks
markjonesx

Quote from: Chris

@markjonesx
Try the same. Although it's worth keeping in mind that those who were syncing below the maximum on 40Mb are unlikely to see a significant improvement when going on to 80/20.

Nope, no change, hmmmmmm.....
Chinster
Grafter

I think BT are playing games with people.  I was on the 80/20 trial and never saw a speed increase above the 40/20 package, which is about 25mb down for me.
BT investigated and decided that half the line to the cabinet is aluminium so in essence I will never see a speed increase above what I currently get, making an 80/20 product (equivalent to BT Infinity 2) useless for me.
Thing is, I got a leaflet through the door from BT telling me that if I go on to Infinity 2 I will get a speed of 53mb down.  Plainly, this is not true.  Not only that but I am sure that many people in the very large housing estate where I live are affected by this but will also have had that same leaflet through the door.
While I am aware of the issue and therefore armed with enough information not to go for any 80/20 package, I do feel sorry for the folk in my estate who will go for it and inevitably be disappointed.
I do feel very strongly about this type of inaccurate marketing, but I'm not sure if it's the sort of thing I should bring up with OFCOM.
What do you think?
Cathotel
Grafter

This is probably a first..
I requested to be taken off the 80/20 trial and revert back to my stable 40/2 product and although @Adam indicated 30 days notice from the ticket, it all went through in 2 days and happy to say I am achieving almost the same as I was prior to the trial i.e. 39333 kbit/s down.  I'm not going to moan about the fact it was 40000 kbit/s Smiley  The PN profile also changed smoothly to the 37M.
Sadly I can't run the  infamous BT Speedtester as it's having a 'busy' hissy fit for the past couple of weeks - and yes, before anyone says, everything is up to date, doesn't matter what browser etc, the test starts, gets to 96%, hangs and says it's busy - interestingly no traffic is measurable whilst getting to the 96% mark.
Immediately my actual throughput speed has increased to 36000 kbit/s ish which is better than it was and error rates drastically reduced.
I think this was due to the increase upspeed causing crosstalk problem on my marginal line 800mts or so from the FTTC cabinet.
Worth noting for a product marketing POV, that in my case and distance from the FTTC cabinet, the 80/20 config degraded my downspeed experience, so it's down to personal choice if the trade off is worth it for another 4000 kbit/s upspeed in my case.
Thanks for letting me on and off Smiley
Regards,
Pete