Did you mean: 

80/20 FTTC Trial Closed

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: 80/20 FTTC Trial Open

Could you elaborate?

Only by telling you what we know which is that BT do have more than one system that determines speed profiles, one of these systems tells us that you have the correct profile yet we suspect another profile (possibly not visible to us) has your speed limited to a 40mb profile.
I'll keep you guys updated as we hear more.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gryzor
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
BT do have more than one system that determines speed profiles

I think you hit the nail on the head.  I had standard FTTC for a few weeks and the speed started at 20mbps and moved up to around 36mbps on a good day.  Having been switched to the 80/20 trial my line has now been at a solid 16ish mbps and any speedtest flatlines on this speed.  The profile stays the same regardless of modem resets.  My guess is that BT hazard a guess when it comes to the 80/20 trial and sometimes fall short of the mark.
My call has been moved up to them so I am hoping that a second attempt guess will give me some more bandwidth.  Strangely the upload and ping have both improved its only the download that appears capped.
v70ben
Grafter

BT Beta tester returns 77.84Mb/s

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
dick:blue Excessive emoticons removed as per forum rules.
purpleknobs

Quote from: dave
Hi all,
We're pleased to announce that the Plusnet 80/20 FTTC trial is now open for anyone already on FTTC to take part. The only criteria to take part are that you must already have FTTC and be on either Plusnet Value Fibre or Plusnet Extra Fibre. Anyone on the original FTTC trial not on one of these products would need to switch first. Anyone who doesn't already have fibre would need to upgrade to that and have it installed first.
The trial will be free of charge until we launch an 80Mbps product at which point we will contact all of the 80/20 trial customers and offer them the choice of switching to the 80/20 product and paying whatever price that will cost or switching back to the up to 40Mbps speed for free and carry on paying the same monthly charge as now.
To take part in the trial all you need to do is go to:
http://trials.plus.net
Follow the FTTC 80/20 Trial link, read through the text and Ts & Cs, state you accept the Ts & Cs (linked at the bottom of the page) and let us know if you want a router (we have a limited stock available and we can't guarantee what router you'll receive).
Should you have any questions regarding the trial I'd ask that they be asked here, while the support teams will be aware we are doing a trial they haven't had full training yet so won't be able to answer any questions. Please also note that this is a trial and things can go wrong and it may take longer than normal to fix. Should you have a fault then please raise this as normal but again as we've only so far dealt with one FTTC 80/20 fault so far in the trial again it may take longer than normal to fix.

Confused about upload speeds
I have FTTC from the original trial with 40/10 speeds but am still on a pre-trial PlusNet Pro package.
If I want to register for the new 80/20 trial I need to first change to a Value Fibre or Extra Fibre subscription. Does this mean my current upload speed of 10Mbps from the original trial will drop to 2Mbps, or will I get to keep the 10?
Whatever speeds I achieve on 80/20, if I then don't sign up for a package following the trial, will I end up reverting to 40/10 or 40/2?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No you'd stay on 10Mbps. If there was a problem though, we could rectify it within 24 working hours Smiley
weejake1
Grafter

hi everyone ,just an update on my troubled broadband trial.
the bt engineer was here today and ran his tests to the exchange and tested the copper etc etc.
he showed me that  i was syncing at 77328k and hadn't one single fault on my line. he said my line was perfect.
he has logged the test results and will be sending in his report .
So its over to plusnet now
Bazza
Grafter

Still looking very good here using the beta test.
ffox
Pro

What do you think of the packet loss I'm getting in the evening?

beardybuck
Grafter

Going slightly mental with my download speeds. Getting worse. I have rebooted, after leaving it alone for a few days. No change on reboot, IP profile still 77.43.
I have tried think broadband speedchecker, the BT speedtester, the BT beta above 24 speedtester. All those come in LESS than speedtest.net results as below. All do show strong upload speeds though, between 12-16.
No real progress in my ticket yet, it seems BT is making plusnet jump through all the hoops before taking action, ticket is now over a week old.
It's even getting to the stage were browsing is slow.
EDIT - trying to download the freebie weekend pass for The Old Republic. Painful - 200k/sec
sirbadger

Hi All,
I've just ordered fibre extra today and hopefully it will be installed w\c 9 April, YEY!
Can anyone tell me if the 80/20 trial is still accepting new users and will i be able to sign up once i've had fibre installed?
Thanks
polis7432

Hi all,
i have been on the trial for about 2 weeks, upload speed is good up to 14,but download seems to be stuck at around 37. In the first week downloads were going up to 65.Could someone have a look into this.I am new to trials and would wellcome any advice.
Gryzor
Grafter

Quote from: polis7432
Hi all,
i have been on the trial for about 2 weeks, upload speed is good up to 14,but download seems to be stuck at around 37. In the first week downloads were going up to 65.Could someone have a look into this.I am new to trials and would wellcome any advice.

I think this is what a few people are suffering.  My tests on speedtest.net are showing a nice rise in the upload and pings are cracking at under 15ms.  The download seems capped somewhere though.  I think PlusNet are on the case though as news about BTs systems are starting to be mentioned.  This is a BT issue at the moment.
SpecialD
Rising Star

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Thanks all,
@spesh, Sorry if I misunderstood your issue, I can see that you were affected by an outage that started shortly after midnight that has affected a number of our customers. If you powercycle your modem, then your router and reconnect, all should be fine. Do let me know if not. I'll keep an eye on what happens with the other issue of bringing you onto the trial as if this drags on it may just make sense for us to cancel the delayed order and raise a new one.

Hi again,
Well...  it appears I wasn't affected by any outage. The BT engineer arrived on Saturday about 3pm and hadn't a clue how to fault find (basically admitted they're not trained to, and only given 3 phone numbers to call - most of which don't work on a Saturday, so he wasn't happy) - Eventually he got through to someone who fixed it remotely...    The issue was that somehow while changing my profile it had wiped out the BBUE number. They put that in and at 16:30 it was all back up.
I checked the speed at 18:30 and it said 20down and 15up (bearing in mind I was getting 37down previously). So is that it??  Sadly no!!!
at 20:34 the whole lot went off again and hasn't been back since - so logged another fault call last night. Hopefully for faults team to work on ASAP on Monday?!
I do wonder though, BT will chaerge me £60 if it's my equipment, yet they through incompetence (or whatever else) lose my connection for 3 days and I get no come-back?
richards99
Grafter

Ah bliss.........lots of gadgets running with no probs - d/l 65-74 mbps and all in the middle of nowhere - god bless fttc - gone from the bottom of the class to top 1% in the uk - top 3% in the world. Look forward to the final 80/20 product.................
but not too soon..........
Cheesy
NRV618
Grafter

Lips_are_sealed  Just when I thought things could not get worse, and in all honesty I was OK with getting 3 or 4 Mbit less than before joining the 80/20 trial (I thought.. this is tolerable and the trial should be over soon...).
But I spoke too soon  Cry  and now here I am with speeds lower than what I was getting before joining the FTTC crowd.

Hopefully this is the calm before the blistering speeds I was expecting to get from 80 Mbit down...!  Embarrassed