Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80/20 FTTC Trial Closed

JEB
Grafter

Re: 80/20 FTTC Trial Open

@Adam
I clicked on that link but I don't think it worked as there is no open ticket when I go to "your questions" under help.

James
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Mikeyb72
I'd need you to raise a fault via the checker I linked to in my last response please.
@garywood84
I'll do my best but I can't make any promises though I'm afraid as it depends on stock levels.
@JEB, give it another try, there's no open fault ticket showing on your account, I've double checked the link and that's fine.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JEB
Grafter

@Adam
I got it to work.  There was an unclosed fault ticket on my account already due to my VDSL modem being changed last week.  When I closed this ticket the linked you posted worked.
My ticket is #52952973.
As I have included in the ticket I believe the problem is with BT rather than your systems.  Although given you are planning on discussing all these problems with a BT contact I guess you think it's down to BT as well.

James

Mikeyb72
Dabbler

@ Adam
just created a ticket as requested ref: 52954131
Cheers
Michael
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks guys,
Although given you are planning on discussing all these problems with a BT contact I guess you think it's down to BT as well.

I don't want to speculate too much at this stage but I will let you know how things go with that after my initial discussion with them
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Adam, I don't think I have major speed issues other than the occasional unexplained slowdown, it's just that, as I have posted, my sync speed seems to vary rather a lot and has not matched the dizzy heights that it started on (75000) for a long time. Last night it had got down to 61724 so I decided to switch the modem and router off overnight and back on at 0923 this morning. This put the sync back up to 68271, where it has pretty much stayed, and my attainable rate is showing as about 80000, unlike yesterday when it got down below 76000.
So, currently I am synced at 68271, IP profile 66.08 and speedtest showing:

I guess I shouldn't really complain, but I was getting over 70Mbps and pings below 10ms when the trial started. Why the deterioration?
NRV618
Grafter

Hi Adam, I was wondering if you could assist with this query please,  Smiley
I signed up for the 80/20 trial about week ago, I had a reply confirming that my application had being passed on and that a trial router was on the way, but the are only TWO things that have changed since; my upload speed has gone up from 1.6Mbit to what it should be (10Mbit) according to my Fibre package (Extra Fibre), and my connection profile has changed from 37Mbit to 20Mbit.
Is this how it should be/go, or is there something else still to be done for the Trial to kick off on my line.?  Huh
tedsloan
Dabbler

_Adam_Walker
Adam, I have raised a ticket regarding my speed problem on FTTC 80/20  re: your reply #357
reddev87
Grafter

Quote from: NRV618

Hi Adam, I was wondering if you could assist with this query please,  Smiley
I signed up for the 80/20 trial about week ago, I had a reply confirming that my application had being passed on and that a trial router was on the way, but the are only TWO things that have changed since; my upload speed has gone up from 1.6Mbit to what it should be (10Mbit) according to my Fibre package (Extra Fibre), and my connection profile has changed from 37Mbit to 20Mbit.
Is this how it should be/go, or is there something else still to be done for the Trial to kick off on my line.?  Huh

This is how it should be. Firstly, before you were upgraded, the standard upload Plusnet provided was 2Meg, not 10. The fact that it has now risen to approximately 9meg means that your upload has been uncapped to a maximum of 20, but your line is only capable of 9.
Secondly, the profile change to 20Meg is deliberate. Ignore the figure of 20Meg, it is just a temporary profile used for the trial, until the permanent ones are in place, it will not be affecting your speed whatsoever.
reddev87
Grafter

*double post - delete*
NRV618
Grafter

Thanks for the info reddev87 ,
But does that mean that my download speed will not increase from where it stands at the moment.? or does the 20Mbit profile only apply to upload speeds.?  Huh
cheers..!
reddev87
Grafter

The best way to find that out would be to run a BT speedtest, and find out what your downstream IP profile is. Ignore the Upstream IP profile on the speedtester, it will always say 20meg, which basically means an unrestricted upload profile, even if your line can only handle 9-10. Plusnets 20meg profile is also unrestricted towards download or upload speeds, so ignore that too.
Whatever the downstream IP profile on the speedtester says for your line, that is as fast as you will get.
BlastWave
Grafter

Hi Adam,
Ticket no #52966663 created.
Thanks in advance. Smiley
coachdriver
Grafter

Ticket #52968686 raised as requested.
garywood84
Rising Star

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Update: re anyone that's still waiting for their router, there's been an issue at the warehouse I'm afraid, that's been sorted and they're being shipped out today.

Adam,
I've just checked in my account and there isn't the usual ticket to say that the hardware order's status has changed to 'dispatched'.  Please could you look at this and confirm that everything is OK, when you get a chance?
Thanks,
Gary