Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80/20 FTTC Trial Closed

garywood84
Rising Star

Re: 80/20 FTTC Trial Open

Adam/Dave,
Is there a backlog of orders for routers?  My 80/20 was ordered along with the router last Tuesday, and the tickets show that the order has been placed, but I haven't heard anything since.  I'm looking forward to trying the Netgear you've allocated to me, to see if it helps with my speed fluctuations.  And, even if it doesn't, it has gigabit ports Smiley
Thanks,
Gary
JEB
Grafter

@Jojo
Unfortunately that didn't work  Sad
I don't know what you changed with my profile but my line speed per the portal still shows 20 Mb.  However I don't think my problem has anything to do with your systems.  I have tried using the speedtester test login (speedtest@speedtest_domain) which connects just using BT's systems.  The full speedtest wouldn't run as it complained it would only run if a test using my login details failed (presumably < 12 Mbs).  The beta speedtester however never showed anything above 40 Mbs.
I would wager BT has something mis-configured on their systems.  Dave did say he had seen another line with this same capping problem and had a phone call with BT over a week ago but I haven't heard anything since.  If you could possibly give BT a friendly reminder I would be very grateful.

James

BlastWave
Grafter

Jeb,
That's what Jojo did to my line yesterday - must be following the reported speed improvements that some experienced when their profile was set to this value. Like you, didn't work for me so hoping the staff will offer some other suggestions...
Gary - I had the Zyxel router but with the current speed issues it's difficult to know whether it's any better than the Netgear I had before.
Fingers crossed there'll be a breakthrough today. Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all,
It's clear that a number of you are experiencing issues with speeds on the trial, for those of you that have been posting about this I'll check your accounts individually now to see if I an see anything obvious that needs to be changed, I'll report back re that ASAP.

@garywood84

I've just checked your account and can see that Dave ordered your router and the 80/20 upgrade on the 28th, the upgrade has gone through but it looks like the router hasn't shipped I'm afraid so I'll need to look into that and get back to you. re the router there's a higher chance it will be a ZyXEL NBG4604 however I'll report back when I know more.

Update: @Nuggy Your account wasn't put on the appropriate speed profile so I've just fixed that, as for the rest of you: KevinG, BlastWave, alanscoachdriver and paulpicks21 (let me know if I've missed anyone) I can't see anything obvious at this stage so I'll continue looking into that.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Superman911
Grafter

Well my speed still is the same ole, its lower on the trail, the IP profile is correct at 77mbs but only getting 27mb if im lucky, with 18mb upload :S i Did submit a support ticket and was told my cabinet was over capacity so was getting upgraded which would take 2 days, but that was 5 days ago and were still the same.
Also my new router still hasnt arrived?
JEB
Grafter

@Adam
Just a friendly prod that you missed me off your list!

James
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@JEB you're on my list now
@Superman911 I'm looking into the router issue there's obviously been an issue that's stopped them shipping out on the 28th.
Update: re anyone that's still waiting for their router, there's been an issue at the warehouse I'm afraid, that's been sorted and they're being shipped out today.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Superman911
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
@JEB you're on my list now
@Superman911 I'm looking into the router issue there's obviously been an issue that's stopped them shipping out on the 28th.
Update: re anyone that's still waiting for their router, there's been an issue at the warehouse I'm afraid, that's been sorted and they're being shipped out today.

Any idea on my speed issues?
StuartUK35
Grafter

My report:
Checked last night, BT speed jobby said 74mb down with 13mb up, fair enough Smiley
Speedtest sites give mixed readings, still coolio Smiley
Between Midnight and 8am, i like to use my free usage... I also pay for PRO.
Was not happy at being capped at 2mb a sec (ie: line speed running at 20mb), average speed running 1.6mb down.
Still, will continue tonight to see how it fairs (1 test at 7pm and then continue as normal after midnight).
On Friday night, missis reported issues with streaming on the PS3, constant buffering on iPlayer and 4OD......  We use TP-Link 200mb homeplugs for the PS3 , router is Cisco WRT610N....
Told her to reboot it all, and hey presto, no more buffering Smiley Smiley
Still all smiles anyway, the above is just a report  Crazy
Cathotel
Grafter

I noticed my DSL dropped and reconnected 5 or 6 hrs ago according to time up and the Hg612 log and the line rate has dropped from the 4th March.
Max:    Upstream rate = 7981 Kbps, Downstream rate = 44408 Kbps
Path:  0, Upstream rate = 7877 Kbps, Downstream rate = 39728 Kbps
to
Max:    Upstream rate = 7506 Kbps, Downstream rate = 44852 Kbps
Path:  0, Upstream rate = 7554 Kbps, Downstream rate = 38313 Kbps
This event did not trigger a ppp disconnect/re-connect and according to the BT Speedtester my IP profile remains the same at 38.45 Mbps. (39373 kbps)
I know that if I manually force this the BT IP Profile will drop to below my line rate, so it's a bit odd that the BT side allows a higher profile than the line can currently support?
Either way the actual Speedtest.net max I'm getting is 35.6 Mbps.
Mikeyb72
Dabbler

@ Adam
just a quick note to say that I am also having problems since being on the trial, my speed seems to fluctuate wildly in the evening dropping to as low as 10mb, although the day they are normal at 75mb down and 16mb up  Smiley
When i was on the 40/10 package my speed never dropped below 35mb.
Anychance you could have a look at my account for me please?
Cheers
Michael [bezzaboy2005]
nibor
Grafter

Any idea when my trial request will get looked at  ?
Q #52736175 29/02/12
Thx
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi all,
For anyone that's already posted on this thread and has speed issues I'll need you to raise a fault please (https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults) , it's really important that you reply back to this thread to let me know when you have, this is as I'll be discussing all of the fault reports with a specific contact on the BT side of things.
If anyone reads this and makes a new post/reply I'd like to check your accounts to make sure we have everything in order at this side first.
@nibor I'm just putting the order through now:
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mikeyb72
Dabbler

@ Adam
I updated my original ticket yesterday evening advising of my problems - is that ok or do I need to complete a new ticket for this issue?
Cheers
Michael
garywood84
Rising Star

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
I've just checked your account and can see that Dave ordered your router and the 80/20 upgrade on the 28th, the upgrade has gone through but it looks like the router hasn't shipped I'm afraid so I'll need to look into that and get back to you. re the router there's a higher chance it will be a ZyXEL NBG4604 however I'll report back when I know more.

Thanks for checking this Adam. I originally said I'd prefer a Netgear router, so Dave ordered me the WGN3500 from the FTTP trial. If there's anything you can do to prevent it being substituted, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Gary