Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.2 km from cabinet, fttc working!

Chriz
Dabbler

4.2 km from cabinet, fttc working!

Hi,
I have been waiting for a year to get connected to the net and now I finally am, whoop! 🙂 The speed is 1.2mbsp download, which has been working stable all day.
What I am wondering is will the Bt minimum limit of 5 Mbps affect my service in the future? And will the connection become unstable, and drop off again in the future.....As during the first 10 day period, the speed is increased etc?
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: 4.2 km from cabinet, fttc working!

I think the BT minimum is more likely intended as a safeguard against wasting resources on installing a service that is likely to be unsatisfactory. In your case they've had a go, using a specific service profile with the aim of seeing if it works. I doubt anyone knows quite how well it will perform but hopefully your experience will be good. Smiley
No doubt your line characteristics and achieved service will provide useful feedback to establish what might be possible for those in a similar situation to yourself.
David
Vip3r
Grafter

Chriz,
Out of curiosity were you able to get a connection on ADSL/ADSL2 before this, if so at what speed?
Chriz
Dabbler

Hello,
I tried a year ago with adsl, which sometimes worked at 100 to 200 kbps, but was very unstable, dropping the connection all the time. That's why I've been waiting on fttc. My exchange is about 9 miles away I believe, and the cabinet is 2.6 miles away. I am actually the last house on my line too. It seems to be holding sync so far.
Cheesy