cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi dropping out on all devices

shaundavey12

wifi dropping out on all devices

hi. using a hub one router. never had any problems at all untill the last 2-3 weeks. wifi is constantly dropping off on all devices connected to it. my son has xbox live and it keeps disconnecting from games whilst online with his friends. as you can imagine its not going down too well due to the covid 19 issue, and being stuck in. any advice please. T.I.A

6 REPLIES 6
kpdchudleigh

Re: wifi dropping out on all devices

I'm having exactly the same problem.  The blue light is showing on my router and yet the connection keeps dropping to all devices in use.   Had trouble free usage for over a year prior to the last week.  Is this the same for you?

shaundavey12

yes. same problem as ive been getting. i think its best to ring them just incase theres a problem with the line.

shaundavey12

go to your router settings and change your wifi channel.. spoke to one of the tech guys and he told me to change to channel 1 or 6.  wifi seems to be good now on all devices.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Welcome to our community forums.

@shaundavey12 It looks like you've spoken with somebody today and we've given you some steps to try.

@kpdchudleigh Can you try going through the steps explained Here?

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ahumble21
Hooked

I'm having the same issue. I've replaced the ADSL filter and I'm plugged into the master socket.

Is there anything else I can do?

This seems to be an issue that PlusNet need to get a grip on! 

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

@ahumble21 Your issue is unrelated to other faults. I note a fault report has been raised and we're expecting news tomorrow on your case.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team