Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wi-fi range

ashworth50
Dabbler

wi-fi range

Hi.

Does anyone else have problems with the range of their wi-fi with the equipment supplied by Plusnet? When I changed to fibre broadband I was supplied with a new modem and a separate router, since then unless I am in the same room as the router I can hardly get a signal which causes everything to load so slow I get fed up of waiting.

The router I was sent is a Technicolor TG582n.
Anyone help?

10 REPLIES 10
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: wi-fi range

Hi,

It is reported by many that the wireless range on the TG582n is quite basic.  It is unfortunately not superior to the likes of the Plusnet Hub One.

Hope this helps

NE

Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
ashworth50
Dabbler

Hi

So basically Plusnet have supplied me with a rubbish router. As you have a Plusnet hub one can you tell me how I can get one? 

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

It is suitable for the basic needs Smiley

If you wish to get the Plusnet Hub One which has dual band wifi, I would advise to contact customer relations on this.  They may be able to supply you this for free by renewing your contract.  They are also on sale on ebay.

Hope this helps Thumbs_Up

NE

Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
ashworth50
Dabbler

Hi. Just like to say thanks, I've contacted Plusnet and a hub one router is on it's way F.O.C.

Once again thanks for you help

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

That's good news. 

Don't mind me asking, but did you renew your contract? Wink 

regards

NE Thumbs_Up

ashworth50
Dabbler

Hi

No, they just said as I've been a customer for quite a few years they will send me one FOC and no mention of contracts, or any other fees 

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Cool!

They sent me a Hub One router for free as well after my Hub 5 had taken its toll and had no other VDSL router and no BT openreach modem. 

Hope it proves better in terms of wireless range - it should do Wink

NE

Rnzz99

Hi did it work!!
I'm in the same position and wonder if it's a router upgrade or extender that I need.
Thanks
Rob
ashworth50
Dabbler

Hi

Yes worked to a certain extent, slightly better and slightly more reliable

mikewalsh
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

A range extender may help ( I have set mine to pick up 2.4 and transmit 5 ghz but you can extend both bands)  The model I'm using is a Tplink re200 but there are many around.

Regards