cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why are we paying for line rental?

Cyberboy109
Dabbler

why are we paying for line rental?

just out of curiosity why do we have to pay line rental specially in my case i dont have home phone....just with vodafone announcing no line rental why cant bt and plus net do this? 

4 REPLIES 4
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: why are we paying for line rental?

Because you are renting a line to carry your broadband signal?

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
Cyberboy109
Dabbler

actually if running fibre it should be coming thru a separate line where the other is old copper line

i looked into so technically im paying for a old copper line i dont use as well as fibre

IceColdRum
Dabbler

Only if you have FTTH (fibre-to-the-home) as opposed to FTTC (fibre-to-the-cabinet) otherwise you will still need a copper phone line to receive your fibre broadband...

See here for more --> http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/fibre-broadband.html

Also Vodafone haven't really abolished line rental they have just combined the price into their standard fibre pricing structure it's no different then buying a car with a no VAT offer your still paying VAT but the garage have just taken off 20% of the cost.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Thread locked in favour of https://community.plus.net/t5/General-Chat/Abolition-of-line-charges-well-not-really/m-p/1356712#U13...

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still