Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wheres my internet gone ?????

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

wheres my internet gone ?????

Large pings tonight in teamspeak and now huge download speed drops, ive ran some tests, gateway pcl-bng04

Ive just tried btwholesale and it says the following " No Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) services have been found at this address. Please check the postcode or use the Telephone Number or Service ID to conduct the test. "
Ive rasied a ticket, also ive removed my router and connected direclty to my BT modem and speeds have jumped up alittle but only to 30 meg, still 45 meg missing, guss ill have to wait and see whats going on, strange thing is the btwholesale website telling me ive got no fibre  Huh
10 REPLIES 10
St3
Aspiring Champion

Re: wheres my internet gone ?????

Is the support ticket system playing up for anyone tonight ? Ive raised a ticket about my connection issues and now i cant find the tickets page :S
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Did you mean FTTP or FTTC? That last speed test looks more like ADSL2+  Shocked Crazy
Have you put your phone number in BT Wholesale checker?
There are some capacity issues http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,135389.0/topicseen.html
The direct links to "Questions" got removed from the Help & Support pages a few weeks ago, there 2 threads running about that -
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,137952.0/topicseen.html
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,138400.0.html
Try the 1st link in my sig to get to your tickets.
St3
Aspiring Champion

Thanks for the helpful info
Heres a screenie from the bt test, i have had fibre for 4-5 months now with stable speeds of 74 down and 18 up, only tonight have i seen some strange connection issues.
Plusnet have confirmed theres a fault with my connection ill have to wait until untill tomorrow to see whats going on.
Anotherone
Champion

If you had any loss of PPP session recently you may have ended up on a different Gateway from the one that your were on, and this one could be suffering, or the end point to it and the routing over the BT Backhaul could be the issue (even if on the same Gateway)!
Be interesting to see what response you get to your ticket!
St3
Aspiring Champion

Ive not actully lost any connection yet its just been very very slow, you kinda notice when you drop 70 meg downspeeds 😛 I got to be honest my connections been really good for the 4-5 months ive had fibre this is the first big issue ive come across. 
NoZephy
Rising Star

I just had Fibre installed today and was at 38/18 throughout the whole day (I'm on the 40/20 package)
Literally just 10 minutes ago my session dropped and reconnected and I'm synced at 11mbps but my router is still giving 79/19 as the max sync rate.
Edit: I'm connected through pcl-bng01 right now apparently.
Anotherone
Champion

Hi NoZephy,
Do you really mean "synced" at 11mbps? The "sync" speed is the speed the Modem connects with the Cab on FTTC or the Exchange on ADSL(2+).
Your download speed is certainly down at 11.36Mbps.
On the 40/20 package the "sync" speed will always be the maximum the Modem to Cab will allow which could be 80/20 if you are close enough, but your actual throughput is restricted to 40/20. Your current download speed appears to be a congestion problem - see if repeat testing producers the same results, you can often get a one-off bad result due to momentary congestion of the connection or speedtest server.
The drop of PPP that you had might have been due to Maintenance
Try running the BTw Performance test (DON'T REBOOT, ignore the red preamble except make sure no other programs are using the Internet) and at the end of the first run, click the Further Diagnostics button, enter just your Phone number and Run the Further Diagnostics Test.
Do a Copy and Paste of the results and post here (no need to grab an image). The Further Diagnostics will give your IP Profile (which is directly related to sync speed).
If both of you are still getting poor download speed results, try a Gateway hop which may change your endpoint and/or Gateway. Make a note of which Gateway you were on and which you end up on.
NoZephy
Rising Star

Sorry, I'm terrible with my wording Wink I meant my router (Billion 8800NL) is actually syncing close to 80/20 (see attachments), I know that I won't actually get that throughput because I'm on the 40/20 package but it makes no sense to me that I would drop from 38/18 down to 11/18 and the sync is completely unaffected. If there was some sort of fault surely the sync would have dropped quite considerably or DLM would have dropped me to a slightly slower speed/profile, say 26-27Mbps with interleaving instead of just dumping me all the way down to 11Mbps out of nowhere.
I just find it strange that before I have VDSL installed I was getting 11/1 on ADSL2+, after the engineer finished he said his circuit test showed 72/20 on the line, he left and because the order hadn't completed yet the download was stuck at the ADSL speed while the upload seemed to have taken affect and was 11/18, after the order completed about 30 minutes later I connected my Billion after waiting 30 minutes from turning the ECI Modem off and afterwards I had 38/18 for the whole day until a disconnection at almost midnight which lasted about 5-10 seconds then reconnected and now I'm stuck at 11/18 again as if the order hasn't completed. Also no interleaving or anything like that has been applied so I'm not even sure if DLM has even interfered yet.

tl;dr I find it strange that my speed has dropped to precisely the same as the speed I had when the order wasn't completed.
link to the thread I created when I first had VDSL installed and the order wasn't completed (just as a reference for the speed): https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,138673.0.html
as you can see from that thread the speed that it's dropped to now is incredibly similar, if not the same as when the order wasn't completed. It literally mirrors my ADSL speeds, apart from the upload obviously.
line stats in the attachments, they look completely normal to me and the actual connection itself seems to be perfectly fine. It was perfect yesterday at 38/18, websites were loading normally, nothing was hanging or loading or having any weird issues, ping was completely stable at 12ms etc.
I've also just tried a quiet line test and listened for a good 3 minutes and couldn't hear anything, even when I had the handset on loud speaker, there were no crackles, pops, hisses or hums.
Isitari
Grafter

Same issue for me. Was getting huge pings. Did a traceroute to BBC iplayer and it seemed to get stuck around hop 5. My download speed was halved or worse as well. Also did a pingplotter and was getting 50% + packet loss at various later hops when pinging Google, Twitter etc.
Glad it wasn't just me too.
Regards,
Isitari.
St3
Aspiring Champion

Anyone from plusnet able to pick up on this ? Also my account shows the following...
Estimated line speed: There's no speed estimate currently held on your account.
Current line speed: 77.4 Mb
As you can see from the speedtest below in my sig ive always had a stable 74 meg connection, right now my connection is sticking on 64 down also my uptime speed has decreased from 18 to 14. Ticket info #102798435