cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where has the fault log gone in the admin?

ukguy1
Rising Star

where has the fault log gone in the admin?

Hi, we had a fault logged in december which was unresolved with BT Openreach. Since November we constantly have to click links twice due to a stalling connection, not just on one device but the whole family complaining.

Bt Openreach said it could be the quality of the lines deteriorating. Plusnet sent me a new hub as BT would not support the old modem, however after a few weeks this has not resolved the issue.

If I was leasing a car, would BT say, sorry the engine is getting dicky and keeps stalling, but we still want you to pay 30% more than our new customers and can't be bothered to put it right?

I'd like the fault reopening and sorting, however the option to do this has been removed from the admin. I don't have time to call and sit on hold for 45 minutes, I'd appreciate if a PN member here could sort this please. Thanks

5 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 541

Re: where has the fault log gone in the admin?

Hi @ukguy1

Sorry to hear you're having issues again.

Unfortunately we can't re-open your fault ticket, but you can always raise a new fault to us at http://faults.plus.net

Having said that, I've tested your line and everything looks OK regarding the broadband signal coming into your router.

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID BBEU00000000

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 23.3 Mbps
Upstream Speed 0.6 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 1714.4
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed Daily
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence From 21:15 to 21:45
Interference Location Customer Premise
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-55M Downstream 6dB, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2018-12-28T18:30:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 23.2 Mbps 23.2 Mbps 23.2 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 0.6 Mbps 0.6 Mbps 0.6 Mbps
Up Time 900.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 900.0 Sec
Retrains 0.0 0.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2019-01-10T18:00:55.616+00:00 2019-01-10T18:15:55.616+00:00
Ingress Code Violation 0 41
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 26 27
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

image15471448794027

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
ukguy1
Rising Star

Thanks for testing. It's a wireless connection, no interference as very few houses nearby and we've used wireless for years without issues.

The wireless is now to your new hub. The connection and speed are fine, it's the stalling which is annoying, this happens even in the same room as the router and is intermittent, you can browse the web for half hour and during that time urls will stall and the page freezes a few times, each time if you refresh or click again it loads instantly.

I thought it was my computer until another family member said, no my phone is still doing it.

The BT engineer seemed to think it was a line problem, not showing as a fault but enough to cause data/packet loss which interrupted in connections, hence having to click links twice.

He said this can happen on old lines as they age and get less reliable. There's the new fibre cable running alongside the copper for the mile to the village but it's very expensive at the moment, whereas others get fibre for £23/m.

I'll be discussing our costs with PN customer services soon as I can get cheaper deals elsewhere. I've been a customer for about 15 years so hopefully they'll be keen to keep me.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 236

Thanks for the extra information.

Is it possible for you to test a wired connection directly to the router to see if that has the same issue?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ukguy1
Rising Star

Not really at the moment, no laptop and the ipad won't connect wired?

If it was a wifi issue why would it do it in the same room and the same issue was on our own router and on the new PN hub.

Just now going to this page, it stops, blank white page, I click refresh and load again, it's instant.

Very odd.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 24

@ukguy1, then we'll have to go down another fault, if you want to submit it here and let us know and we'll progress it.

I've had a look at the old fault just to see what happened near the end of it and there's a comment on there I wonder if you can remember where you noted 

"I will monitor and see how it goes, but if this continues, then it does seem to be as stated by the engineer."

I can't find reference to what the engineer said in the notes (and the fault's archived now with BTW).

Joe
 Plusnet Help Team