Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is pulsnet fiber upload speed?

lee2009
Dabbler

what is pulsnet fiber upload speed?

hi

was with sky fibre in past, just left bt fibre today as my pulsnet fibre has went live.

my new router is only connecting at 2mb upload to the exchange, where in past sky and bt it would be around around 6.

pulsnet trying to tell me 2 up is totally acceptable, what is pulsnets actual upload speed? as 2 is no good to me, I'm cancelling pulsnet and going back to bt or sky if I cant get this sorted out.

15 REPLIES 15
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: what is pulsnet fiber upload speed?

they have possibly put you on 40/2 instead of 40/10

what are your actual sync speeds

lee2009
Dabbler

6. Data rate:2000 / 380917. Maximum data rate:6019 / 37599

I have told them my router is locked in at a 2mb upload, yet they refuse to accept this, and give me the standard "depends on equipment etc etc" nonsense

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Looks very much like you've been provisioned on 40/2 as @Oldjim suggests.  Give the Help desk another call!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

lee2009
Dabbler

do cs agents come here? ill give them one final chance to sort this out, I cant belive they think 2mb is normal

lee2009
Dabbler

that's it I'm leaving these clowns, wanting to send out a engineer etc to my house - bye bye amatures

Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

@lee2009

You will find they will ask you to pay the remaining contract if you leave with ours been going on for 9 weeks with 6 engineers + the 3rd Modem not sure when its coming if that does not sort it we will be going to the ombudsman.

I dont wont to do this but there is only so much you can take

Please don't censure my comments to the forum rules please not you Lee2009

I love hobnobs you can nibble and then take a chunk out of it
Part of life living
lee2009
Dabbler

they can threaten me with demands for money all they want - they will go in the bin, I'm not the type of person to be messed about or have the mick took out of me, 2mb up is not normal and I will not tolerate this, nopr will I keep phoning up tech support who then go on to tell me this is normal.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Gandalf  Can you look at this please

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

@lee2009 Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

I have looked into this and can see that you have been incorrectly provisioned on a 40/2 product.

I have now placed a modify order to amend this to 40/10 and this is due to complete next Wednesday.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I have looked into this and can see that you have been incorrectly provisioned on a 40/2 product.

@LaurenB while it's good that you've stepped in and sorted thisSmiley it's rather concerning that the CSC staff didn't spot and correct such an obvious (to all on this thread anyway!) problem. I assume you'll be feeding back to the managers concerned?

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The more I see on here the more I am convinced I made the right decision by moving to an ISP with support staff who actually know what they are talking about. The Plusnet service is fine while it is working but as someone who works from home I was always worried that if something did go wrong there could be a significant delay in getting it fixed due to the constantly overloaded support teams and the total incompetence of many of the support staff as witnessed by many of the posts on here. Relying on the few good Plusnet staff who look after these forums isn't sustainable.

I have been keeping an eye out for signs of improvement as I may be looking for a cheaper connection once I retire and don't need the insurance of having the best ISP support team behind me.

The only signs I'm seeing is that things are getting worse and that the level of knowledge of many of the front line support is shockingly poor. It was blindingly obvious what the issue was in this case - the OP pointed out he was getting 2Mbps - that should have instantly started ringing alarm bells when he spoke to the agents.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I am at loss for words ,, How can PN provision someone onto a product they NO longer sell Crazy3

Just goes to show they cannot cope with updating their products , same with previous attempts that went astray ,the  new network and the change from 55/10 to 40/2 Crazy2

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

@MisterW I will pass on the necessary feedback Smiley

As the line was testing on a 10mb upload profile, looks like this is where the confusion was.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
lee2009
Dabbler

says a lot when the customer knows more then cs  a minimum of 3 people and 2 phone calls both told me this was correct and made me out to be a liar who didn't no what I was talking about, I only left bt because of there price increase and at the time pulsnet were offering a crazy black Friday deal, lets hope this is the end of the matter and yes putting me on a product you don't even sell? nice very nice.