Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

well below minimum guaranteed speed

FIXED
welshy666
Fixes: 1

well below minimum guaranteed speed

Hi,

I have lots of connection problems lately and my speed was 70mbps but now is 17.9mbps.

the last 3 days have had no connection drops so restarted the router but speed is still stuck at 17.9mbps.

all checks at my end have found no problems, can any plusnet person help with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
rw1
Hooked

Re: well below minimum guaranteed speed

Hi,

I had a similar issue recently and it turned out to be some sort of “cap” at the local exchange. I submitted a support ticket via my account online at plus.net.

Hope that helps in some way.

Richie
rw1
Hooked

Sorry, forgot to mention I’m now at 29mbps instead of 16-19.

Thanks
dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Good Afternoon, thanks for getting in touch @welshy666, I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I'm really sorry that you're experiencing issues with your service and for the inconvenience caused.

I have tested your line and this is detected a fault so have logged a new fault with our suppliers and we will need to look at sending an engineer.

I have updated your fault ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=218614575 please just reply on the ticket with the requested information and once done, we can pick this up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @rw1, I am really sorry that you too have recently had some issues but pleased to hear your speed has now gone back up again.

Is everything now sorted, or do you need any further assistance at all? Just let us know if you do and we are happy to help!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
rw1
Hooked

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I’ve had issues with the fibre broadband pretty much since day 1 and am now well out of the cooling off period. I believe Bob Pullen is dealing with firmware upgrades on the router and has been busy dealing with a lot of people. I’m hoping that sorts out my issues otherwise I’ll have to bite the bullet and pay an early termination charge, which in itself is ridiculous as I’ve had issues since day 1..

Fingers crossed.

Thanks,
Richie
welshy666

Hi LaurenB and Thanks, will reply to the ticket now.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @welshy666, thanks for getting back to us and confirming you've updated the ticket further. I can see an engineer has now been arranged to come out and investigate for tomorrow afternoon. Please do let us know how the visit goes and should issues persist there after.

welshy666

Fix

update

TWO BT men came to the premises today and found the 5C master socket was faulty which they then changed for a 

new one and speed is back up to over 70mbps.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Excellent! Let us know if you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet