cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very slow fiber speeds

Billturner147

very slow fiber speeds

I'm very disappointed, only been with you guys less than a month. My ultimate fibre broadband, which you promised me up to 56mb,and I'm only receiving around 2-4mb between 9am - 11pm, after midnight its between 22-32 what is going on. I used to work for BT there's definitely an issue, and I've not been connected correctly, please get back to me, and send out a proper engineer to fix the fault
4 REPLIES 4
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: very slow fiber speeds

@Billturner147

You will need to log a fault, posting to this forum isn't going to guarantee a response from Plusnet staff. And even then they may just ask you to log a fault.

First thing is to check for a phone fault (if Plusnet provide the phone start here https://www.plus.net/help/phone/phone-line-troubleshooting/ ) If you do have a phone voice fault, report it as such and do not mention any broadband issues. And then when that is fixed, see if the broadband is better.

Then if still not solved (or no phone fault is in evidence) start with the FTTC guides at https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Fibre-Fault-Guides/m-p/1156188#U1156188

There are links within both guides to log a fault.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,

Sorry you're seeing lower than expected speeds, are you connecting via a wired or wireless connection?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Billturner147

After spending nearly 7hrs trying to get through to customer service, finally spoke to a chap called Dan, who checked my line and said there's is a fault, this has now been put forward to the fault team. And now been told they will fix fault within the next 5 days. Considering my line speed is 2mb between 9-11pm, and up to around 22-32 after midnight. Fact bring I'm paying for ultimate fibre and not at all happy with the inconsistencies of the line during the day.
Billturner147

This has been put forward to the fault team, as there is a fault on the line from the server at the exchange, I use to work for Openreach, so done tests myself,so I knew there was a fault, only been a pn customer for less than a month, so it's not rocket science to know there was a fault and inconsistent on line, shouldn't be dropping so low during the day and evening to as low as 2mb on fibre, so will be waiting for line to be fixed by BT engineers as you are part of BT I expect it to be fixed, otherwise I'll will be cancelling the contract without cancellation charges, as pn will have not carried out the criteria of contractical commitment agreement for providing ultimate broadband.