Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very slow fiber speeds

FIXED
hoodywoody
Fixes: 1

very slow fiber speeds

over the last few weeks ive noticed my download speed is very slow only 4Mb ish on download. Up load is always 1.9Mb

The problems are in the late afternoon / evenings. At the other times its 39Mb. Ive dis-connected / re-connected etc...

This is not the first time ive had this sort of problem. Tech support have helped before by resetting !!! at there end

but this problem just keeps reoccurring .

Any ideas !!!!!!!!

8 REPLIES 8
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: very slow fiber speeds

Sounds to me as though this is a congestion problem especially as it occurs in the late afternoon/ evening only.

Your best bet is to raise a speed fault at: faults.plus.net

James 

RJM
Rising Star

I have had the exact same problem over the last few days in the evenings.

I just "re-booted" and it has resolved itself.

This is the first time have experienced slow-downs with Plusnet.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,

Feel free to drop me a PM with your username and I'll have a look into this for you. ^AW

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hoodywoody

Hi Adam, will do

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks a lot, checks aren't showing me any obvious issues at all.

Assuming you usually connect over WiFi (correct me if I'm wrong!) can you try connecting over ethernet at the time you usually notice the issue to see if the same thing happens?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pesmerga123

I'm having exactly same issue.

I recently moved to plusnet from BT, so apparently my line is still 'settling down'...

but I noticed this pattern-connection is OK during the day (between 20 and 35 Mbps) but extremely slow during evenings.

No, it's not a wifi issues-same poor speeds on cable connection, plus never had similar issues with BT (same hub, same PC).

BT wholesale test showing now an extraordinary speed of 1.75Mbps ( on 38 fibre).... Great...

hoodywoody

Fix

Hi, just to update you. Last night I spoke to tech support cos my speed was so slow. And I disconnected & connected twice. And hey presto my download speeds are back to around 38Mb. All been ok for about 24hrs now. Did plusnet sort it or the disconnect/ reconnections????? 

hoodywoody

Bad news my problem is back. It's been ok for 48hrs. Done a disconnect & reconnect but just the same. I've messaged tech support so hopefully someone will follow this problem up.