cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very slow connection

bobandwendy

very slow connection

just checked my connection speed again today and it's still incredibly slow.my estimate is about 39mbs but all I get is 2.87mbs.it's been a few weeks since my fibre has been connected and this speed is slower than the dsl  connection I had with talk talk
and that is even after they delayed my connection by over a month because they forgot about me and not even bothering to tell me they were not coming after I took a day off work to wait for the engineer.think there is deffinately a bad pattern forming here ?Huh
11 REPLIES 11
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: very slow connection

For some reason your profile was set incorrectly.
I've changed that now and your speeds should be higher.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
rward232

Hello,
            I am a very anxious teenager on my dad's account. I have a severe phobia of talking on the phone, which means when something goes wrong with the internet its all down to me and I panic. I have been at Uni the past few months and every time I've ventured home and got onto the home internet it hasn't been the same. The connection is really slow, and I can't play videos such as those on BBC Iplayer. It buffers and never loads. I'm not very technical and I was wondering if anyone could help. I've deleted the cache and browsing history and turned the router off for 45 minutes to cool down. Is there anything I can do to get this sorted? P.S Its a fairly new router, but the wires are the ones we got when we first opened an account, could this be the problem, could they be broken and could that fix the problem? Cry Thanks Robyn
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@rward232
Sorry to hear your speeds are slow. I've tested the line and the speeds had been restricted due to the drops in connection.
The line looks stable now so I've reset it and you should see a increase in speed.
If the issue returns I'd recommend running through our troubleshooter using the link below
https://faults.plus.net
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
englishrick
Grafter

Is there a chance you can reset mine as well please Matthew.... thanks
dick:quote
bobandwendy

Quote from: bobandwendy
just checked my connection speed again today and it's still incredibly slow.my estimate is about 39mbs but all I get is 2.87mbs.it's been a few weeks since my fibre has been connected and this speed is slower than the dsl  connection I had with talk talk
and that is even after they delayed my connection by over a month because they forgot about me and not even bothering to tell me they were not coming after I took a day off work to wait for the engineer.think there is deffinately a bad pattern forming here ?Huh

just checked now.01-06-2015@1645 and its a vast improvement http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4401315348
result..
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

@englishrick I think your issue is slightly different. Changing the profiles therefore won't make any difference.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 11

Could you check mine as well please, over the last couple of months my download  speed has dropped from mid 70's to mid 50's Mb/s.
There have been a few recent disconnects when replacing the modem/router.
Thanks - David
englishrick
Grafter

Quote from: Champnet

Could you check mine as well please, over the last couple of months my download  speed has dropped from mid 70's to mid 50's Mb/s.
There have been a few recent disconnects when replacing the modem/router.
Thanks - David

You obviously have the same problem as me Champnet....... which is a mystery
Champnet
Aspiring Hero

Let's see what they say, may have to log a fault -  though I think I might have contributed to the problem............... Undecided
David
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Champnet
Our testing hasn't flagged up any issues with your line and your speeds will have most likely dropped due to crosstalk. There isn't much we can do about this I'm afraid as our suppliers will only accept a fault if the speeds have dropped below 30% of the original estimate and even then if crosstalk is the cause that can't be fixed.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Champnet
Aspiring Hero

26.67% speed decrease isn't far short of 30%, let's see how it goes...........