cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very puzzled

axlstod
Grafter

very puzzled

hi again. about a month ago fibre became available in my area on looking at the packages plusnet was offering I decided to switch to BT who were offering a faster package, but after I bit of confusion and even more confusion when ringing there call centre in india I decided to cancel and upgrade my account with plusnet to fibre.
on the 2nd of September I should have had a visit from openreach but no one turned up I have since spent probably 6-8hrs on the telephone trying to work out what has happened and it seems that when I cancelled the Bt order it left a gremlin in the system that resulted in the openreach no show.
I have since had several notifications through the help assistant and service notices saying that my switch to my new fibre package was completed which resulted in me ringing up plusnet once more where I explained that I have had no engineer visit meaning no fibre, my original order/package was then cancelled and reordered and I now have a new install date/engineer visit of the 16th September but I have had several e-mails and service notices to say sorry you are leaving us. In the small print it states this....
Your broadband and phone service is scheduled to transfer automatically on 17th September 2015 and will result in the cancellation of all your Plusnet services. ... and this
As you're moving your service before the end of your minimum term, you'll need to pay a charge for the remaining months. Based on your transfer date, we've calculated this to be £310.80. This may change if your transfer date changes.
I have rang plusnet once more and have been told that it is nothing to worry about and was also told  that they have never seen anything like this.
but the main reason I once again post in this forum is because of this https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate
it states that my current line speed is 40mb which is the package I signed up to, so is it just a case of plugging in a open reach modem and I will now be getting the 40mb? and has the work in fact been done at the cabinet?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
shure
Grafter

Re: very puzzled

If you've been switched at the cabinet your current ADSL modem wouldn't work, so I doubt an engineer has been to the cabinet.  The fact that you're still getting internet suggests that PN's line speed figures aren't accurate.
In my (very recent) experience, you will only get an answer even remotely worthwhile if you insist on being put through to Provisioning.  The first line people seem very helpful but I suspect their training is poor, as more than once I've been given the wrong answer by a well-meaning individual.  I wouldn't take what they say at face value, not because I think they are lying but because sometimes I don't think they fully understand the issue.  Provisioning tend to have a better handle on things in my experience and should get to the root of the problem
axlstod
Grafter

yeah during the several hours I have spent on the phone the provisioning team have done most of the sorting out. The whole things been an experience fingers crossed for the 16th sept. at last count there was only 7 spaces left at the cabinet annoying when you consider I ordered as soon as the cabinet was enabled Sad
shure
Grafter

I feel your pain.  I was supposed to be the very first to go live in my village - even had someone from the Local Authority broadband project team come down to take pictures of the first install for a PR piece - only to find that my order hadn't even been put through properly!  Just about everything that could have gone wrong, did.  Hope for your sake the 16th works out Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi emmasbloke,
Sorry to hear about this and apologies for any confusion here.
To clarify our systems currently work by activating the account automatically on the due date of the installation.
I'm passing on some feedback as I believe we could have done a little more legwork when you called and advised you of the auto-account activation.
I see we have a new appointment in place for you now so I hope all goes to plan.
Just drop us a reply if you have any questions or concerns.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
axlstod
Grafter

thanks for the reply, fingers and toes crossed for the 16th sept.