Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upload speed destroyed

lee2009
Dabbler

upload speed destroyed

at master socket, on wired connection, multiple pcs

download speed is fine as always at around 34mb, upload speed shows sync at arround 6.3mb - (as always has been)

please explain why my actual upload speed is only 0.34 (yes you read that right) my upload on speed test websites has always been arround 6.3mb

for last 48 hours i can no longer stream nor can i online game as my upload has dropped to only 0.34 mb (as confirmed on lots of speed test sites) yet router is showing a sync at 6.3mb! i want this fixed asap as the problem is NOT coming from my end

3 REPLIES 3
lee2009
Dabbler

Re: upload speed destroyed

6. Data rate: 6690 / 34137
7. Maximum data rate: 6729 / 39566
8. Noise margin: 6.1 / 6.1
9. Line attenuation: 34.7 / 24.5
10. Signal attenuation: 22.3 / 21.9
lee2009
Dabbler

bt wholesale test is showing upload speed of 5.90mbps, yet every other speed checker is showing under 0.90 (care to explain that?)

obs (my stream software) refuses to connect to twitch as it cant get the upload speed i also cant game online either because of a none existant upload speed, as i say bt speed test shows my full upload speed working, yet no other speed test site does

speedtest.net:

Ping ms

Download Mbps

Upload Mbps

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @lee2009,

I've taken a look into your account today and upon testing your line I can see that it appears to be stable and running at a downstream sync rate of 34.1Mbps and an upstream sync rate of 6.7Mbps. As this is the case, I'd recommend going through our online troubleshooting guide which can be found here. I would also recommend setting the router up within the test socket within the property as this is the most direct point of access and a guide on this here.

Please let us know how this goes and if you continue to experience any further issues so that we can investigate further if needs be.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team