cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgraded to fibre 38meg but just checked my speed and it has went back to 10 meg

glesgajohn
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

upgraded to fibre 38meg but just checked my speed and it has went back to 10 meg

hi i recently upgraded to fibre 38meg but just checked my speed and it has went back to 10 meg, i have rebooted router done another speed check and its still at 10meg , only got connected tues. any info or help ?

is there an expert / hidden 192 page ?

thanx

13 REPLIES 13
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: upgraded to fibre 38meg but just checked my speed and it has went back to 10 meg

If you have a hub one open the admin pages, click troubleshooting and then help desk to see your relevant stats
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
glesgajohn
Rising Star

Re: upgraded to fibre 38meg but just checked my speed and it has went back to 10 meg

this is my stats.

plusnet say i am not to go fibre till 21st jan. but i was told by cust. serv. it was going active by 16th jan, and i was on 38meg on 16/1/18 so what they say is not true

1. Product name: Plusnet Hub
2. Serial number:  
3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 Last updated Unknown
4. Board version: Plusnet Hub One
5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 17:48:53
6. Data rate: 934 / 10857
7. Maximum data rate: 936 / 11012
8. Noise margin: 5.7 / 2.0
9. Line attenuation: 22.2 / 40.2
10. Signal attenuation: 22.1 / 38.2
11. Data sent/received: 7.4 MB / 82.2 MB
12. Broadband username: username@plusdsl.net
13. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID:  
14. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
15. 2.4 GHz Wireless security: WPA2
16. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
17. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID:  
18. 5 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
19. 5 GHz Wireless security: WPA2
20. 5 GHz Wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
21. Firewall: Default
22. MAC Address xxxxxxxxxxxx
23. VPI/VCI: 0 / 38
24. Modulation: G.992.5 Annex A
25. Latency type: Interleaved
26. Software variant: AA
27. Boot loader: 1.0.0

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

G.992.5 Annex A

That says you're still on ADSL , when you're changed to Fibre it will say G.993.n

Your account changes to Fibre on your monthly subscription date but the date of the actual upgrade will depend on BT engineer availability to make the change a the cabinet.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

glesgajohn
Rising Star

thanx for info

so why was it running on 38meg on 16-17-18/1/18 then go back to adsl ?

thanx again 

glesgajohn
Rising Star

hi again just off phone to plusnet

im gettin told contradictory stories about my prob

I told them i may want to cancel and am now being told i will be charged a cancellation fee , and i havent even started my fibre contract yet,. 

is this correct 

they now say fibre wont be active till 23rd jan. a week later than i was told 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Hopefully one of the Plusnet help team will see this thread and clarify what the real situation is ...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

glesgajohn
Rising Star

thanx for reply 

when i ask plusnet not one person gives me a right answer, they all contradict what the last person says, seems they dont have a clue, but i dont see why i should have to pay a cancellation fee when im not even up and running yet, i phoned for fibre on 9/1/18 told i would be active on 16/1/18 (and i was) then i went back to 10meg , i thought i had 14 days to cancel , NOT TRUE according to the telephonist i last spoke to !

glesgajohn
Rising Star

this was their email on 9/1/18

Account username: 
We've received your product change request and have now started the process of moving your products to:

Broadband package: Unlimited Fibre

Phone package: Line Only

Contract: 24 months

Hardware: None
This will change over on 16th January 2018
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi John,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry that you've been given conflicting information regarding the activation date for your fibre upgrade.

I can see from your account that you spoke to one of my colleagues on Saturday and that they have confirmed the correct activation date for you.

Please let us know how you get on when your upgrade has gone live and get in touch if we can help further.

Best Wishes.

Dave

glesgajohn
Rising Star

since email re fault (which i never had )

there was nothin at all wrong with my line , it was my connection date that was in dispute, but since ur unnecessary MODIFICATIONS that i did NOT need MY BB line is now slower than it was, i now only get 8meg, was 10 then 38 now 8meg , i wish i never applied for fibre , as all you have done is lie and slow my speed down unnecessary ,

i will be contacting ofcom

glesgajohn
Rising Star

I have been adviced by OFCOM to ask for a 

deadlock letter

can plusnet please supply above

glesgajohn
Rising Star

you have said you modified/fixed a problem i neither had or reported
now my speed has dropped by 2meg to 8 from 10. and when browsing the internet my pages take ages to load , in short yous have knackered my BB speed and line , WHY ?
and what u gonna do about it and why am i being threatened with a penalty if i cancel the upgrade to fibre ?

when i haven't even went live yet ?

finally why are my emails being ignored ?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Apologies for the delay in getting your fibre service active.

you have said you modified/fixed a problem i neither had or reported
now my speed has dropped by 2meg to 8 from 10. and when browsing the internet my pages take ages to load , in short yous have knackered my BB speed and line , WHY ?

You reported a fault to us online at http://faults.plus.net on the 19th.

Our automated system picked up your ticket and changed a setting on your line called the signal to noise ratio which can sometimes cause throughput issues if set too low.

when i haven't even went live yet ?

Due to engineer availability, our suppliers delayed the order from the 16th to the 23rd.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused.

and what u gonna do about it

Your fibre order is due to complete today.

Please note as it requires engineering work I'd allow anytime up to this evening.

why am i being threatened with a penalty if i cancel the upgrade to fibre ?

I'm sorry if you were advised there'd be an early termination fee. I can see you're still within the 14 day (today being the 14th day) cooling off period from when you placed your fibre order.

If you'd like to cancel I'd recommend calling our customer options team asap on 0800 013 2632.

finally why are my emails being ignored ?

We're not ignoring your ticket updates. It can take up to 72 hours for us to pick up a ticket.

With that said, I'll take a look now and I'll reply there.

I hope this helps clear things up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet