cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgraded to fiber but still getting DSL speed

popred
Hooked

upgraded to fiber but still getting DSL speed

I got an email from plusnet on  the 30/1/17 to confirm my fibre upgrade was complete but my speed has not changed ,still only getting 4 down and 1 up which is what it was  on DSL so not sure if the upgrade has really happened ?

4 REPLIES 4
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: upgraded to fiber but still getting DSL speed

@popred

That email is probably just the accounting system updating itself and that your FTTC upgrade has not yet happened. That is a very common issue here at Plusnet.

Given that your upload speed is still at ADSL levels that would be my first guess.

Assuming you are using the Plusnet Hub One supplied router, log on to the router at http://192.168.1.254/index.cgi?active_page=9143 and at the line starting with "23. Modulation", does it say "G.993." or "G.992." something else

993 means FTTC but 992 is ADSL.

If it contains "G.992" then get on the phone to Plusnet and ask when the FTTC upgrade is really happening. Note, upgrades can happen up to midnight on the day scheduled.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm afraid the order hasn't gone through correctly. I'll get that placed manually and you'll be advised of the activation date within the next 48 hours. Sorry about that.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
popred
Hooked

This is the 2nd time I have tried to get fibre and the 2nd time the orders been excepted and then been mucked up.I now don't expect to get it now as the exchange was available for orders last week on the BT wholesale site and now is full ,this exchange is always full and I have been checking everyday for months .

popred
Hooked

It's been 48 hrs and I  have still not been given an activation date as of yet?.Paying for fibre but getting DSL service.