cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade to fibre extra speed low

Lucyb09
Grafter

upgrade to fibre extra speed low

Hey! Just a bit confused. Read somewhere that their is no training period for an upgrade from fibre to extra and then some say their is. Was hoping for more than a 1mb upload and 4 DL increase. Any help appreciated. Thanks
34 REPLIES 34
Slobcat1337
Grafter

Re: upgrade to fibre extra speed low

you should check that plusnet even passed the order onto BT Openreach. 

I signed up for Extra and nothing happened... called up and it turned out while my order was present (and paid for) on the plusnet system, the work order for BT got lost in the abyss and therefore nothing happened.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@Lucyb09 

What speed do you get and how does it compare with the results you get if you put your phone number in here?

Are you testing using wireless or an Ethernet cable? If wireless then you need to repeat the test using an Ethernet cable between the router and a computer.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Link fixed.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Lucyb09
Grafter

Hope this helps, I did ask if it was put through as I've seen some people's haven't and they said that it has. *No difference wired or wireless*
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Lucyb09,

I'm sorry that your speed hasn't increased by as much as you'd expected following your upgrade to unlimited fibre and for any inconvenience that this has caused you. I've tested your line and the test indicates that your line is currently syncing at 44.6mbps. This is slightly below the line's estimated speed of 45 - 65mbps but is above the minimum guaranteed speed of 40.5mbps.

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID BBEUXXXXXXXXX

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 44.6 Mbps
Upstream Speed 11.4 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 534.9
Upstream Rate Assessment Low
Downstream Rate Assessment Low
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2019-08-01T12:00:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 39.9 Mbps 45.3 Mbps 40.4 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 9.9 Mbps 11.6 Mbps 10.1 Mbps
Up Time 771.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.6 Sec
Retrains 0.0 1.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2019-08-14T10:18:15Z 2019-08-14T10:33:15Z
Ingress Code Violation 1 1
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

We'll need to do some troubleshooting to try and narrow down the cause of the problem. I'd recommend starting with basic checks here. If these checks don't resolve the problem, the next step would be to connect your router directly to the test socket, which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the connection stabilises. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. Please see the following guide  for instructions on how to connect to the test socket.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Lucyb09
Grafter

Just tried the test socket and it's gone down to 44.4 now Sad
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @Lucyb09,

Sorry to hear this, the next step would be to arrange for an engineer appointment to investigate this further.

Please can you review the ticket here and let us know when you have updated it via this thread.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Lucyb09
Grafter

I've replied. Can I just confirm that the order has actually gone through properly? Just seems strange that 40-10 was working flawlessly full speed to only get 4mb increase in extra. In the ticket it says about engineer coming out but if they don't find anything wrong their will still be a charge... Which puts me off a bit Sad could I not get a line reset to try to push through the faster speed ( I don't really know what I'm talking about really )
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Lucyb09, thanks for getting back to us. I can confirm the order has gone through for the correct package.

With regards to the engineer charge, we can see an issue our side and therefore the no fault found part of the statement doesn't really apply in this instance. You'd only be charged if an internal issue was found to be the cause (which if connected to the test socket would rule this out) or if you missed the pre-arranged visit.

I'm afraid there's nothing further we can do from our side so the engineer visit would be required, I've updated the fault ticket here, please let us know once you've replied and we'll get it picked up for you.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Lucyb09
Grafter

Replied. Thanks
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thank you, I've picked this up and booked in the appointment (the details are on the ticket and I've also sent an email confirmation).

If this needs rearranging please just get back to us asap and let us know if you have any further queries in the meantime.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Lucyb09
Grafter

Responded to ticket.thanks
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @Lucyb09

I've seen your update on the ticket. At the moment I'd advise us leaving the appointment in place for now, and monitoring the connection over the next day. If it remains consistent then it's probably worth cancelling it. But if it drops again then it's still in place and prevents any further delay, if that makes sense. 

Lucyb09
Grafter

Hey that's fine. If theirs an fault your side still? Then I'll keep the engineer appointment. If not can you please cancel for me. Because I do not want to be charged. Still on 56 and 11 atm. Is that more normal for the line? Thanks!
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Lucyb09

Those speeds are about right for your line and the connection has remained stable.

Shall we get this cancelled for you? We can always re-raise this if problems reoccur.

Best wishes

Dave