Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

up faster than down?

thepurseys
Grafter

up faster than down?

i have been having some issues with my line ever since connection with speeds
cut a long story short i have isolated everything my end of the line down to it been an issue with bt infrastructure
plusnet have made some changes to my service recently and say that they have up'ed  my speeds
i now get 2mps up now but still struggle to get 1mbps down?
in my experience usually you always have around half to a quarter of the down speed . and if its an issue with my line why can i not get an equal up to down speed?
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: up faster than down?

2Mbps up? Have you recently regraded to Fibre as the fastest up on an ADSL2+ service with us is around 1200Kbps. Taking a look at your account now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

Yup, your fibre order has completed.
Let me go sort the account change and put you on to the original deal you agreed.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

That's sorted for you. If you make sure you're using the Hub One we sent and perform a single disconnect/reconnect you should see a good improvement in speed.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note.
Topic moved to Fibre board.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
thepurseys
Grafter

er i had no idea i was upgraded to fiber? i was under the impression that there was no infrastructure there for me to have it as the cabinet was full and i was still on ADSL!
Chris
Legend

We were updating you about your original fibre order on this ticket - if you want to move back to ADSL we could arrange that, but you wouldn't be getting 2Mbps upload and your download would go back to where it was earlier too.
Your order was on a 'waiters list' for the additional capacity, this completed on the 11th.
thepurseys
Grafter

i have rebooted my router and i now have a connection that resembles a fiber one, i was just under the impression i was still on adsl and my conecton was identical in speed before? (11th to 12pm today)