Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlimited fibre extra

charltjr
Grafter

Re: unlimited fibre extra

Quote from: emmasbloke
its the upload speed that concerns me the most, I do a lot of online gaming.

Online gaming uses very little upstream bandwidth, latency (ping) is far more important. 2mb up will be perfectly fine for online gaming. Not so great if you upload a lot of content like videos but that's quite niche.
axlstod
Grafter

I ordered with bt last night, very disappointed to be honest ive been with plusnet for several years now and have always been more than happy with the service I have had including any problems ive had which have been fixed by the plusnet employees on this forum.
I'm a little puzzled about how its installed though, bt gave me the option to install myself which I did , for them to install it was around £50 but it states here http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37208/346 btinfinty 2 needs to be installed by a bt engineer. which would be great because I need to move my bt master socket because where it is now is not practical and running an extension from it is not a option because there is too many door frames to go round not to mention a 10ft bi-fold door. has anyone had btinfinity 2 installed? and did it cost? cheers.
Estragon
Rising Star

From your description there the only way an engineer install would help would be if you also ordered the Data Extension Kit, (Openreach Home Wiring Solution), and sweet-talked the engineer into installing it externally to come back into the house where you want the master.
Apart from that, with a little courage and help from some of us here if you haven't a clue about this sort of thing, in half an hour you could achieve pretty much everything the engineer would do on a visit.
axlstod
Grafter

can the data extension kit be bought anywhere else. to be honest though its not a option my master socket is in the worse possible place andit would mean going around a door frame,around the back of a corner sofa,over or under a 10ft bi-fold door to get to my tv and consoles. the whole thing smells of upcoming disaster
axlstod
Grafter

well this is wonderful. last night I received a e-mail from plusnet thanking me for deciding to stay with them so I have just got off the phone with bt who inform me that they couldn't process my order due to already having a phone line with another provider. so he has now re-ordered my order and it now looks like a will be getting a new activation date instead of the 4th sept. so much for no longer needing to obtain mac codes to speed up orders.
why do I get the feeling i'm gonna regret leaving plusnet  Angry