Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unhappy

samgregkt1
Dabbler

unhappy

Good morning,

Please see the email trail below, sent 31/03/20.

Things have not got any better.

According to speed checker my download speed is as low as 4.06 & I’m not showing an upload speed at all.

This is nowhere near the 29.5 the guaranteed speed that I was promised and I’m paying for.

I don’t want to leave PlusNet, after being with you for so long, but why should I stay?

My last bill with you was £49.35. Trooli Broadband have offered me 300mb for £50 PM.

Should I contact the ombudsman as I feel I should be refunded some of my charges.

I really want the service that I’m being charged for.

Please advise.

Sent: 31 March 2020 22:43
To: 'support@plus.net' <support@plus.net>
Subject: Slow broadband

Good morning,

My user name is [Removed].

My broadband speed according to BT speed checker is between 15.26Mbps & 18.3Mbps download & uploads of around 5.19MBPS.

This is nowhere near the minimum guaranteed speed of 29.5Mbps that I was promised.

When I renewed my contract 13/10/2018 this is what I was offered.

Your line speed

We estimate your broadband speed should be between 32Mbps and 40Mbps and your minimum guaranteed access line speed is 29.5Mbps.

These figures are based on data provided by our supplier. Your actual speed may vary and there are a number of things that may affect your broadband speed such as the distance you are from the exchange, phone wiring to and in your home, how busy the Internet and our network are and if you're using multiple devices at the same time – find out why your speeds can vary.

If your speed is lower than the minimum guaranteed access line speed:

Please can you find out what’s wrong as I’d hate to leave PlusNet after all this time but I might have to.

Regards,

Michael W. J. Nash.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

11 REPLIES 11
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: unhappy

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre Broadband.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Hi @samgregkt1

Sorry to hear about problems with your broadband.

I have tested your line and there is no fault. We can see that sync speed is low. Can you please confirm if Own Domain Checks were completed and if router is plugged directly into test socket? You can find our troubleshooting guide here

Regarding your previous contacts:

This ticket was raised on 31st of March. We have responded on 1st of April and we did not receive any answer from you.

Earlier in March you have raised this fault and we have tried to call you to book engineer visit. There was no answer during call attempt, ticket was escalated to you with question to let us know when it will be best for you for engineer visit. We did not receive any answer so question closed automatically after 14 days of inactivity.

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net.

If you want to renew your contract and check what can we offer, please contact our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632.

Please accept apologies for this inconvenience.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@samgregkt1 Welcome to the forum.  🙂

support@plus.net is used only as a 'From' address - Plusnet do not accept incoming emails.

Now you've posted here, your best bet is to wait for one of the Forum Help Team to pick it up and respond.

EDIT :  @Tibzor types faster than me.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
samgregkt1
Dabbler

I've re-positioned my router (for the 3rd time). I've removed the face plate of the master socket & connected directly to the test socket. I've connected my laptop using a network cable directly to the router. Speed checker results are, 12.46Mpbs & 5.32Mpbs. the maximum achievable speed is 20.63Mpbs. Where do i go from here? 

samgregkt1
Dabbler

Is there a simple tab to click onto to report a fault. It can't be this difficult. I have opened more & more pages, all i want to do is report a fault.

samgregkt1
Dabbler

My account details says that I've got unlimited fibre. How come I've got old copper cable as a supply?

samgregkt1
Dabbler

Error

Sorry, we are not able to complete this request at the moment, please try again later.

Go Back

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@samgregkt1 wrote:

My account details says that I've got unlimited fibre. How come I've got old copper cable as a supply?

The FTTC product is Fibre to the street cabinet near your home, then the existing  copper pair to your premises. It is (currently)  the major Fibre product delivered by BT.

FTTP (full fibre) is progressively being rolled out by BT (and other suppliers) which will be Fibre directly to each location.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

samgregkt1
Dabbler

Thanks Maurice. The nearest street cabinet is about a half mile away.

samgregkt1
Dabbler

this is how to report a problem!

Error

Sorry, we are not able to complete this request at the moment, please try again later.

Go Back

samgregkt1
Dabbler

The Openreach engineer re-synced my modem on Wednesday. He said the download speed is improved and I should be getting around 36 mg. The reality is that I'm getting anything between 5.48 & 16. He also said that there could be a problem with the Router as he can hear it clicking and it shouldn't. He said that this could be causing the rate to drop and it should be replaced.

How do i get a replacement router from Plusnet?