Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to access the same website after about 10 successful attempts

hsbc1972
Grafter

unable to access the same website after about 10 successful attempts

Hi,

Hopefully i can explain the problem and apologies if its been raised before.

For ages when I have done about 10 successful flight searches on the Ryanair website/app subsequent searches get a reply of 'oopps an error has occurred' or the search hangs and nothing you do changes it. This happens on my laptop and mobile and also to others in the house when using wifi. However, when we switch to our mobile sim data access to the website works ok. 

Could there be a router setting that stops repeated website access ?

Thanks for any help

11 REPLIES 11
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: unable to access the same website after about 10 successful attempts

@hsbc1972 wrote:

Could there be a router setting that stops repeated website access ?

Thanks for any help

In a word, No.

What if you do repeated searches on your mobile? Does that also lock you out? I suspect that it's Ryanair and it starts working on the mobile as that will use a different IP address, the lockout being caused by multiple requests from the same sddress.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Des2
Grafter

Hi hsbc, I have replied to you on my other thread. Des

hsbc1972
Grafter

@Baldrick1 Thanks for the reply.

I did 17 searches on my mobile using wifi before it stopped with 'ooopps theres a problem' and my laptop also wifi connected stopped giving any replies.

I then did 34+ searches on my mobile using my mobile data without any problems I only gave up as I was getting bored and believed that this alone should provide some small piece of evidence of a problem somewhere.

I then turned on wifi and after 1 search on my mobile I got the 'oopps theres a problem', laptop ryanair searches still not replying.

@Des2 thanks for the reply and as you say its good to know that theres at least 1 other person having the same problem. I'm happy that I moved away from TT and to date Plusnet service has been excellent.

hsbc1972
Grafter

a bit more info.

I deleted all cache/data from my ryanair app and tried to logon again on my mobile using my Wifi only to get the oopps error msg.

I then tried to logon using my mobile data and it worked first time.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@hsbc1972 

Have you tried a different browser

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

hsbc1972
Grafter

@Baldrick1 

tried both chrome and firefox, makes no difference.

Des2
Grafter

It’s worth reading the other thread. There is something about the dynamic IPs that Plusnet uses that RA doesn’t like. A static IP solves the problem but they prefer you to use a dynamic one. You can get a static one for a one off £5 payment but I’m not sure on the security implications. 

Once  it happens the problem persists all day. The next day it is fine again until it happens again.

Des2
Grafter

I’m not sure that the problem is restricted entirely to RA as I seem to recall problems with another airline app. There seems to be some conflict between IP locations and geolocations within an app and once this problem is triggered it stops all other devices on the same WiFi connection from working too irrespective of type or browser. Something resets everything the following day so it works for a while before failing for the rest of that day too. 

Now that hat somebody else has the issue this really ought to be solved by the PN technical team rather than individual customers arguing about IPs with RA....

Des2
Grafter

I don’t wish to cast aspersions but I wonder whether these former US IPs that are reconfigured to the U.K. are somehow cheaper than full blown U.K. IPs and that this is causing the issue. Probably a garbage comment from me but I’ve never had this issue outside PN so there is something about the way PN is configuring client accounts....

Des2
Grafter

I hope PN can solve the issue for us all ASAP but for now I shall leave it for a while as I need to focus on other things.....good luck hsbc.....

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @hsbc1972, I've just seen this thread. I've posted another reply in the other thread, so if you have any questions I'd ask that you direct them that way, so that we can keep everything in one place Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team