Did you mean: 

totally useless 80 meg fibre speeds

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: totally useless 80 meg fibre speeds

@Andrue wrote:

@Gregg wrote:

I have actually been forced to agree to be charged £65 for the open reach visit if I want my internet to be fixed.

Yes, that too is standard across the industry. Has been for many years. PN are just passing on the openreach charges. Although strictly speaking you should only have to pay it if openreach find the fault to be within your property or with your equipment. Openreach have been known to try it on though.

Actually, the £65 by Plusnet is far less than what they might get charged by BTWholesale/Openreach, and is less than what other companies might decide to charge. It is Plusnet's decision if, when and how much to charge, regardless of what Plusnet's costs might be.

Gregg
Grafter

Andrue, your replies are worthless and arrogant.

Plusnet say there is a line issue when there is not, open reach say there is no line issue. But yet my connection keeps dying and resyncing at low speeds. Someone is telling tall tales.

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 12

Andrue, your replies are excellent and to the point, you should consider a job as a 3rd line senior systems administrator..............

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note.

the bickering and barbed comments aren't helping the OP.
wind your necks in please.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
kjcis
Dabbler

todays stats are up but theres nothing different to see,

and please guys keep it nice its our fault we moved to plus.net and we have to deal with it, at least i let customer service know i was unhappy from day 2 and i will cancel if the engineers do not fix the problem.

latest blog post for the nosey, https://www.kjay.co.uk might add to it a bit later if i get time today

Gregg
Grafter

Working again today, will see if it lasts past the weekend.

MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

Gregg, please start your own thread. It makes for very confusing reading when problems of two different customers are being discussed together when there is no identified link between the two.
kjcis
Dabbler

Another problem is can you update my geoip, yes someone wants to actually be from the same town not southampton or addlestone 

City: Addlestone
State: England
ISP: PlusNet plc.

We noticed you logged into Dropbox using Chrome on Windows 10 from Southampton, M4, United Kingdom* at 05:12 PM GMT+01:00.

keeping your DNS and ip ranges up to date is a must for an ISP you know Smiley better still give me a 3rd line senior unix admin position and i will fix your full service, its worse than airtime internet ever was when it was dial up.

MJN
Pro

You might want to brush up on how GeoIP works before interviewing for that position... Wink

kjcis
Dabbler

i only meant geo location via ripe and dns. this isp is starting to pee me off a lot Smiley especially users Smiley

MJN
Pro

You can't use RIPE for geo location of customers as assignments are rightly not recorded at that level.

Gregg
Grafter

plusnet is wasting open reach's time at this point.

kjcis
Dabbler

not in my eyes its not, i need my copper line shrinking to one single piece of wire as close to the incoming pole as possible as that is losing me a good and stable connection. 

anyway i am keeping daily logs on my blog as soon as i can work out how the hell to move back to BT without losing service i will do if i do not get fixed. would you pay for 4 pints of milk and get 2 

MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

So the copper into your house off the cab you are on is fixed, then from the cab to the exchange to give fast broadband (yes, I know you know that..).

If you switch to anyone else that uses BT's network - from the openreach perspective - i.e. Sky Fibre, BT etc then they will all get provisioned by openreach down the same copper route.

Most of openreaches network does not have copper from different cabs passing the same houses, it is designed, planned and built to copper from the exchange, to DPs then to SCPs fans out like a tree. 

To connect you to a different cabinet would involve re-routing copper and digging holes.

So moving to any CP (other than cable) is going to give you exactly the same physical path to the exchange, connect to the same fibre equipment and give you the same line speed. 

The only real difference is what the CP does with your traffic when it gets to their network.