to a plusnet support team member

hazzardboy7
Grafter

to a plusnet support team member

hi, could a staff memeber please alter my profile on your side please

my max speed is alot higher than the speed im getting

Current Rate(kbps) 20000 61295
Max Rate(kbps) 24791

this is has been tweaked before, so they pretty much matched and i gained nealry 8 meg, so please could someone tweak it agian please.

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: to a plusnet support team member

That's not something a profile change would fix I'm afraid.

Our tests are showing a external fault which we've raised for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
hazzardboy7
Grafter

thanks.

not sure what was done by adam walker, he got my max sync speed and my max speed pretty close the other week, but ive not been happy with my broadband for some time.

open reach came out about 5 months ago and he wasnt over happy too, with my sych speed, the open reach guy went to the fibre cabinet and tested in the fibre cabinet directly and told me he only got just over 80 meg on the port, when it should be over 120 meg, and he wasnt very happy with errors on the line either.

he told me open reach cable dept would have to go the cabinet and check this out, now whether they did im not sure, he the open reach guytold me i would get some disconnections on the saturday.

Sure enough saturday came i  saw bt working on the cabinet and i had 2 or 3 drops of phone and internet, then i saw bt leave and that was that, the syn speed never increased, but i did ask plusnet support to do a test a few days later, and they said the errors had gone, so maybe they had fixed that fault , i have no idea.

The same bt openreach guy told me he would do a left and shift if he could, but the cabinet was full, so he couldnt do that, he also told me bt would be installing another one, which they now have done, that cabinet is now working, in the last few weeks.

thanks

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

As soon as we have a update we'll let you know

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Thank you for your PM @hazzardboy7

Testing your broadband the sync has dropped below your estimates:

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 56.4 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps

I'd advise running through the broadband troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net and completing it to raise a broadband fault to us if you need to.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
hazzardboy7
Grafter

hi nothng has changed on my side, the router is in the face plate directly, nothing else is connected apart from the phone, no ext nothing.

I wasnt very happy openreach just turned up to be honest, if i knew they was coming i would of made sure i was here.

ill report a fault, or can you reopen the ticket, this is why i sent a p.m because of slow speed, now its even slower than before

thanks

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I am sorry the engineer arrived without warning.

It wasn't an appointed visit, but sometimes on non appointed jobs if the engineer requires access to the property to fully test a line they normally try to contact you instead of passing it back to us to book an official appointment as that can delay things.

I'm not able to detect a fault now so it's likely we'll need to arrange a broadband engineer appointment. If you raise a fault through the link I provided our faults team will pick up the ticket.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
hazzardboy7
Grafter

thanks alot, it wasnt a massive problem Openreach just turned up, its just  a shame if i would of know, i would of been here for them

ill raise a fault now

thanks