cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ticket 3946841

makemdano
Grafter

ticket 3946841

My fibre broadband speed has been degrading since August and its down 5Mbps on a line profiled at 37.5 Mbps. I've done all the tests including BT wholesale further diags and TAP3 so you should have data to interrogate but nothing seems to be happening. You even sent me an email asking me to ring you if I was still having the problem. What's the point in having tickets if you don't read customer's comments?? You rang me on Thursday night asking for the router to be switched on and off but this made no differerence. I rang you on Friday (23/9) had to wait 45mins to speak to someone who eventually identified a fault on the line before my primary socket. He told me I would receive a text and email after the call but I haven't had anything. I've updated the ticket several times but nobody has responded. You say 5 working days to respond but that should only be for the initial response; from then on it should be same day. Your customer service was once exemplary but it appears to have plummeted to the level of service that caused me to leave BT. I will be leaving Plusnet if you can not resolve this complaint even though I have 18 months left on contract. Why have you allowed your service to fall to such a level?

10 REPLIES 10
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: ticket 3946841

Hey,

Sorry to hear that you've not had the support you'd have expected.

Can you clarify, when you've been running these speed tests, are these over Wireless or Ethernet? Also, did you try connecting your device directly into the Modem to run test as per our initial comment on Ticket: 133946841?

makemdano
Grafter

Hi Chris and thanks for the reply.

The router is connected via the test socket on the BT primary unit with an in line filter. I have checked the speed using both ethernet and wireless, it makes no difference. I've already had a new router to no avail and I purchased a Netgear extender which is ethernt connected to the router, this is cconfigured as a wirelss NSAP and consitantly runs at 70Mbps which is almost twice the profiled speed of my line....and way above the current speed experienced. The guy I spoke to from tech support on Friday said he could see a line fault and that an engineer would be needed to call. Not sure what an engineer calling is goung to do if the fault is outside my boundary though? I've also run further diags through the BT wholesale test and also a TAP3 test which required temporary change of username. I was given to understand that these tests would provide diagnostic information for tech support. I hope I am not waiting a further 5 days before someone looks at this issue.  Oh, and why did plusnet send me a mail asking me to ring them if I was still experiencing problems...and wait for 45minutes for someone to answer. You should be ringing me!!

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry, just to clarify, you've connected directly to the modem as per: http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-how-to-set-up-a-pppoe-dialler-in-vistawindows... ?

Just wanting to get as much detail as possible so I can help progress this for you Smiley

makemdano
Grafter

yes directly to the modem but this just isn't convenient for everyday use and I can only do this when using my Laptop, its not possible to do so from my tablet. We've already established that WIFI IS NOT the problem here, the speed is the same whether I use wirless or ethernet the fault is with the internet speed.. The tech support guy I spoke to on Friday confirmed I have tested everything exactly as requested and he identified a line fault; is this not recorded on the incident history? Has anything been done to rectify the line fault?

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I wasn't asking you to connect to the modem as a permanent solution it's just a check that we ask our customers to do if they're having problems with their speed.

I can see your Fault Ticket, but there doesn't appear to be an indication of a fault. The line doesn't appear to be erroring, which would normally be the case if there was an issue with the line (whether that be internal or external to your property). I can see that the Faults Team have made some changes to your line to try and alleviate the problem, but this doesn't seem to have resolved the issue. Your Fault Ticket is now back with our Faults Team for further investigation.

The Faults Team will be back in touch once they have conducted further tests.

makemdano
Grafter

"wasn't asking you to connect to the modem as a permanent solution it's just a check that we ask our customers to do if they're having problems with their speed."

OK but I have been asked so many times the very same question.

If the status of my wifi connection is consistantly above 70Mbps and shows 5 green bars then does this not mean the WIFI is fine? It is operating at around 5 times the maximum internet speed at the moment. Nothing has changed in the house, no new electrical apparatus and in a detached house so no other WIFI sources traceable. Router changed and now using an ethernet connected NSAP.

As an aside I note I'm connected to the City Lifeline House gateway server. This isn't a DNS server  issue is it?

I'm appalled that I spent over an hour waiting/speaking to the tech support team and absolutely nothing has been recorded; have I been wrongly led to believe there is a line fault. When can I expect a further update from the faults team?

makemdano
Grafter

I've just noticed another ticket on my support page -

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can see that the Faults Team have made some changes to your line to try and alleviate the problem, but this doesn't seem to have resolved the issue. Your Fault Ticket is now back with our Faults Team for further investigation.

The Faults Team spotted something and made some changes to your line which they thought would resolve the problem, which it seems to not have in this case. The Faults Team will be back in touch once they've picked up your Fault Ticket, shouldn't be more than 48-72 hours.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've just noticed another ticket on my support page -

This is the actual Fault Ticket. The other one you have been commenting on is in relation to the cal you made to Technical Support. I'd add further comments to the Fault Ticket is necessary, but either way the Faults Team can see both, so should read both before further testing.

makemdano
Grafter

Thanks for the help Chris.

The problem seems intermittant now as I'm gettting 37.43 Mbps wired or wireless, we'll see how it goes