Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thinking of upgrading to fibre extra

FIXED
raoulsilva
Grafter

thinking of upgrading to fibre extra

evening,

currently on fibre, thinking of going to extra mainly because of slow upload (between 1 and 2 meg). 

Can anyone/Plusnet tell me what type of improvement i can expect before upgrading?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: thinking of upgrading to fibre extra

Have a look here.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Put your phone number here https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker for a good estimation Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
raoulsilva
Grafter

Thanks both. 

Output below (but not sure what product this would relate to?)

fibre-extra-estimate.JPG

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Fix
your upload should be between 16 and 20mbps - a big improvement over 1-2 Smiley

You need to be looking at vdsl
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
raoulsilva
Grafter

thanks dvorak.  In that case, think its worth the £5 extra. Thumbs_Up

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

The one which is applicable to you is the first one, VDSL.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Just to add to the previous comments, we would use the clean range as your fibre estimate. Unless advised by an engineer that the line is impacted.

Either way, still a pretty nice jump.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
raoulsilva
Grafter

thanks Anoush. Is it just a matter of upgrading, no hardware costs or downtime?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Yep. If you already have a fibre package then you can use your existing equipment.

All you would need to do is put through the product change either online or by phone.

We would place a modify order automatically and there shouldn't be any downtime.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 11

@raoulsilva

Absolutely worth an upgrade. I went for Fibre Extra exactly for that reason, to get the higher upload speed (in my case 18Mb/s).

I've been very pleased with it. I have a static IP address (which relates to my previous Metronet account I think) and a  VPN works very nicely with it.

Quite why Plusnet think that a 2Mb/s upload is acceptable is another question. What Plusnet should sell as fibre is the 55/10 product that BT have.

I am the satisfied customer....
raoulsilva
Grafter

Received the email saying the product change has completed, so just wondering how long it will take to take affect? I rebooted the router thinking that may help, but no dice.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

@raoulsilva Can you private message me with your username please? Your forum username appears to be linked to an old account.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thank you for your PM. It's looking like the modify order didn't go through automatically I'm afraid. I'm in the process of placing it now. It'll complete tomorrow.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.