cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the broadband switch has been a disaster so far!!!!

wangshan

the broadband switch has been a disaster so far!!!!

I switched from BT last weekend and got emails and text messages on Sunday says all good to go, but the fact is, no broadband and no dial tone.

I have created a ticket and the first guy on the support line was helpful and decided to send an engineer to my home to check. An openreach engineer has visited my home yesterday and said to me there are some issues with the fibre connections, someone should fix something for it to work. So he left and said someone from support team will call me by the end of the day. Guess what, no call, not even an update on the ticket. So I called this morning, a different support person answered the call, I told her what happened but for some reason your support team can't seem to see any report from the engineer. Either he did not bother to report the issue or reported something else. She also said the engineer was checking the phone line only and can't check broadband, which I found really hard to believe. Going through the forum I can see similar issue has been raised before, like this one: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/Disappointing-start-no-dial-tone-or-broadband/td-p/1374029. Before switching to Plusnet everything works fine so it must be the switch process went wrong, why can't the engineers/support team follow past experiences? 

Now I have a new ticket opened and the ball is kicked to a CSC - FTTC Faults - Auth team, which I'm told won't get back to me for another 2-3 working days, I can't even call them myself. Why can't you send a proper engineer and the check the cabinet that there's no silly connecting mistake? 

This has been going on for 5 days now, the process has been a disaster and I don't know when it's going to be over.

6 REPLIES 6
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: the broadband switch has been a disaster so far!!!!

@wangshan,

I've had a look at both these fault tickets and the engineer report from the original visit. 

Currently the broadband fault that was raised is in 'awaiting appointment' so I would suggest updating this ticket on the account with your availability for an appointed visit. Engineers can be booked Mon-Fri in an AM slot (8am - 1pm) or a PM slot (1pm - 6pm).

After you've updated the ticket please let us know here so we can make sure it's booked for you. 

wangshan

Thanks for the reply, I wish the lady on the phone today has told me this. I'm available on any day at any time, I've updated the ticket:

According to this comment: https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/the-broadband-switch-has-been-a-disaster-so-far/m-p/15..., I need to update my availability for engineer visit. I'm available every data at any time, so to be clear, that is:
Monday 8am - 1pm, 1pm - 6pm
Tuesday 8am - 1pm, 1pm - 6pm
Wednesday 8am - 1pm, 1pm - 6pm
Thursday 8am - 1pm, 1pm - 6pm
Friday 8am - 1pm, 1pm - 6pm
Saturday 8am - 1pm, 1pm - 6pm
Sunday 8am - 1pm, 1pm - 6pm

Obviously I prefer the engineer to come as soon as possible.

If the enigneer can not come on the weekend, please book Monday 8am slot for me. 

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @wangshan,

Thank you for updating the ticket with your availability.

Your appointment for an engineers visit has been booked for 10/12/2018 between 8am-1pm.

Let us know how the visit goes. If the appointment need rearranging let us know as soon as possible.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
wangshan

Thank you for the reply, will see if they can resolve the issue on Monday.

wangshan

The problem has been resolved after 3 hours of investigation on Monday, afterall it is exactly what I expected and what others have reported, there was an issue in the switch box, my “connection wasn’t build correctly”. Can I suggest your Engineers and support team find a way to test this error, your existing tool is obviously not adequate, both the support team and the engineer failed to discover this problem, it was only confirmed by the visiting engineer calling another engineer who paid a visit to the switch box.This is a pure human error on either Plusnet or openreach.
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @wangshan, I'm glad to here that your issue has since been resolved. Although I do apologise that this fault was not picked up sooner, and will feed this back to the relevant teams to ensure this is investigated.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Kind Regards