cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

terrible start

mcnally32

terrible start

I finally made the jump from BT Infinity to plusnet fibre.  was getting near full 80mb with BT.  Plusnet was switched on the 16th and worked ok for a day.  Last night it slowed to a stop.  A speedtest wouldn't work it was that bad and when i did get it to work it was 0.2mb.
BT were fine I might add, just a tad expensive.  So my line has been faultless for years so im 99% sure its down to plusnet.  I have rebooted all equipment etc with no joy.  Currently writing this from my home hotspot.
HELP
10 REPLIES 10
AndyH
Grafter

Re: terrible start

Are you running wireless or wired?
Can you run this speed test http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ click Further Diagnostics and post the speed test results/your IP Profile?
mcnally32

i'm on wireless and can't even get the test to load.  will try to get wired results
mcnally32

just tested wired and its spot on, 66mb download.  it appears my router has lasted 1 day
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

If you've still got your BT home hub then just configure that with your plusnert username & password, it will work fine.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AndyH
Grafter

Try changing the wireless channels on the Plusnet router (if you don't have/want to use the HomeHub).
mcnally32

trying homehub right now thanks for suggestions.  I think plusnet should look into supplying a better router
AndyH
Grafter

It's probably the wireless channel that's the issue. I have no issues using the TG582N, although I don't really have any other wireless networks near me.
mcnally32

homehub worked thank god.  we don't have any wireless channels near us either.  And it worked for a day then just stopped so i can't see it being the channels?
AndyH
Grafter

Hmm that's strange - which router did they give you? There are two possibilities - http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/
mcnally32

looks like the 582n mate