cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tech service desk

hannent

tech service desk

I went off line last week in the middle of the cold period. My Hive heating went off and the tv. A long phone call and promise of a new router in first class post. That arrived 6 days later. yesterday I called as not registering so Lucy sent for an engineer to call ( miracle) he came this morning and fixed a line fault in the BT line. he tried to connect with the new and old router but no joy. so I had an hour call to a lady who kept saying that it was simply a matter of amending the address in the login and would I reset the router. I did many times and confirmed to her that the light wasnt changing thus the reset wasnt working as it hadnt on my old router. she insisted I was doing it wrong ( i have reset many a bit of kit with a pin or cocktail stick just feeling for the click) but she insisted that there was no more she could  do unless I reset it. As I couldnt I asked for another router but  a tested one. she said she couldnt as i couldnt reset mine! circles. I asked to speak to a manager but she said that it would take 2 hours and he wasnt technical she then put the phone down on me. No accident as she should have called me back if it was. An hour of my life wasted and still no BB!!

I am now looking to change providers at home and my two offices if thats the quality of service.

Beware - you get what you pay for!

David

1 REPLY 1
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: tech service desk

Hi @hannent welcome to the community forums.

I am really sorry for the poor service you feel you received on your recent call to us.

Testing your line had detected a potential external fault on the phone line so I have raised this our suppliers and we will let you know when we know more. This may or may not be related to your router being unable to connect... Did the agent try to assist in manually updating the details by logging in to the router?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team