cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching to fibre

Kingwg

switching to fibre

Plusnet had scheduled for my broadband to be switched to fibre today.  Does anyone know roughly how long this takes. I've read posts where Plusnet didn't bother contacting the customer to advise that the switch was rescheduled.  Don't really want to spend nearly an hour on the phone to find out as this is the approx. wait time when I've called the last 5 times.  I have also checked my router settings and I'm still on adsl despite the email from plusnet infoming me the switch is complete.

4 REPLIES 4
Craig_Manc

Re: switching to fibre

I recently upgraded to "Fibre" too. I saw a post somewhere where you can check your line at BT -

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

It will say something to the affect that there is "an open order awaiting completion on dd/mm/yyyy" in the text at the bottom which should indicate when Openreach will switch on VDSL ("fibre").

Also, I got an email from PlusNet saying that:

Your upload speed has been changed

on the day. 

Hope this is of help.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

The switch can take up until midnight to  complete.

Kingwg

Thanks for the reply.  I have used the dsl checker link but I don't see any order info.  In the meantime, I have been told by two different plusnet reps that openreach have switched me however I'm still on Adsl.  I was put through to tech support who informed me that there was no such order for fibre on my account even though this is all active on my online account.  Chocolate Teapots comes to mind. I will email Andy Baker as I've wasted 2 hours on the phone to them today and I've had issues ever since joining Plusnet two weeks ago.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Apologies for the issues you've had with your orders. I can see this is now in place and we'll confirm the date of this asap

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.