cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed

alb

speed

i up graded to 54 ...70  speed  ,,, and just getting  50 ,,,  called  waited 15 mins was told thats it fixed and still getting 50   grrrrrr

3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: speed

Hi there,

I can see from your estimates that your line should be connecting through to the cabinet between 53.5 and 70.7Mb/s

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low        
VDSL Range A (Clean) 70.7 53.5 20 16.3 -- Available -- --

Your line is currently connected at 55.4Mbps, so is within the estimates although towards the bottom end.

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0001
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found but unable to check for customer equipment connected to modem.
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 55.4 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps

I appreciate that you may be getting 50Mb/s on a speedtest, however the estimates are based on the raw connection speed shown above.

Have you ensured that you are connected through to the master socket, no extension leads in place?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
alb

hi chris, just a word i didnt pay for speeds of less than 54 or more than 70,  and i certainly dont pay for  51,  why dont you turn it up so i get what im paying for  if you dont then  we will take this further  i was promised speed  and not within range doesnt cut it , t a alb

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Your speed and connection is within the estimates we provided.

why dont you turn it up so i get what im paying for

That's not possible, the speed is governed by the line quality and length from the exchange.

As mentioned, your line is connecting within the speeds we advised.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.