Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed issues

Stevieag
Hooked

speed issues

1.png2.png3.png4.png10.png

6.png7.png8.png9.png

As can be seen there what appears to a speedy BB connection.
The problem I have is that it is up and down.

I am working from home and to ensure i have the best i can get if people are using the connection I have a direct cable to my router/switch.

I can go a few days without an issue and then drop out continually. During these tests no one else was using the network.

What can be seen is the stop/start nature of the connection and the variability of this. 
To give a real would explanation, a video call will be HD and then drop to low or stop, Youtube will drop to low def or twitch would stop/start.

I dont use great levels of traffic for work except for video every so often but if ssh'ed into a remote server i will get dropped connections 😮

Could there be anything yourside that is the issue?
I dont get issues tethered to a mobile connection 😕

2 REPLIES 2
Stevieag
Hooked

Re: speed issues

So i can get the extra speed tests up CheesyCheesy

You can see its all over the show, i do appreciate that different tests may give different results but most use ookla plus id expect somewhere near on the same test infra ie BT v BT, ookla v ookla

11.png12.png14.png15.png13.png

Stevieag
Hooked

Re: speed issues

63 views and no help... 🤔🧐

I appreciate it's a hard one and the images of speed tests appear to have a good connection but tonight I'm unable to watch YouTube, today at work can't zoom, whilst learning on udemt I was losing connection, I now have had to resort to special software to retain a SSH session.

There is definitely something wrong