Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

soon to move to fibre from adsl - modem username query

skycatcherx
Dabbler

soon to move to fibre from adsl - modem username query

Hi,
Soon to be switched over from ADSL to fibre and received my fibre modem. I wanted to set it up the way I had my ADSL one setup (different IP address range, static routes etc.) and noticed that the broadband username preconfigured on the router was not mine. Is this a default username that gets changed during the 15 minutes configuration period when fibre is connected or is this a mistake. I'd like to get this sorted before my switchover date.
Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: soon to move to fibre from adsl - modem username query

Our routers automatically set themselves up which is what the current login is for.
You can change this to your username@plusdsl.net and it won't cause any issues when your service goes live.
In terms of the other settings you can find them here http://192.168.1.254/expert_user.html
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
skycatcherx
Dabbler

So will setting my own username eliminate the 15 min wait time. I read elsewhere that there have been MTU issues - has this now been sorted...?
Thanks for your speedy reply btw!
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Manually setting the username (and password) should eliminate the wait time for 'Autoconfigure'.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.