Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sluggish atm 19th june

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

sluggish atm 19th june

Everything is loading slowly, youtube/twitch/google, some pages its like I am on dialup with images and icons taking 15+ seconds to load which should be nearly instant

Tried with both Opera and Waterfox on same sites with same issue.  Did a clean reboot to see if it helped, a bit but not by much still sluggish

FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: sluggish atm 19th june

@Gus A little bit of information from you might help us here. What are the results of: (a)https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ please report the results of the 'Additional diagnostics' (b) https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL - obscuring your phone number and (c)-assuming you are using a PN Hub1 - the 'Help' page found under the Troubleshooting tab - again obscuring/deleting any personal details?

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @Gus, thanks a lot for reaching out. There are a couple of abnormalities shown on my tests this afternoon, however as @jab1 has mentioned, further information would be helpful from yourself. Especially given that webpages are taking 15+ seconds to load!

Are you experiencing this through wired or wireless connections?

What have you done to troubleshoot your connection?

have you run a wired speed test on your end and if so, what results have you seen?

first of all, I've sent out an upgraded router to your property, (Plusnet Hub One) given the fact that you've had yours for over 6 years now. This should improve your wireless connection, however as I said, there does appear to be an issue or two on the line itself which may need investigating further. While the estimated speeds on your line are between 49 - 70Mbps, you were achieving speeds of around 66.9Mbps over the last few days, however this has dropped back down to 52Mbps, which seems quite odd.

The line is also banded up to 67Mbps, though your DL sync speed as mentioned, is 52Mbps, which indicates a possible fault on the line.

Going forward, I'd ask that you remove the face plate of your master socket, and connect directly to the test socket which lies behind it. Leave it in there for a couple of days and run a wired speed test to see how you're getting on. If the issues persist, please head over to faults.plus.net, and raise the issue with our Technical Support Team.

KBD
GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID  

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 52.6 Mbps
Upstream Speed 13.6 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 649.5
Upstream Rate Assessment Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed Daily
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence ;00:00to23:45
Interference Location Unknown
Interference Observed In Days 0
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream traffic detected
Technology VDSL
DP Type External
Profile Name 0.128M-67M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2021-06-07T15:30:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 52.5 Mbps 66.9 Mbps 59.6 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 13.5 Mbps 19.1 Mbps 17.1 Mbps
Up Time 0.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 897.3 Sec
Retrains 0.0 1.0 0.0
 Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Gus
Aspiring Pro

it cleared up later that night, recently BT have been been putting in ducting for FTTP down my street, I am guessing its fallout for that as no rice crisps on my land line and normal router stats.

FYI @adam945 I have a better router so no need but after talking to support after not seeing your reply after getting the email about the hub one being delivered, I never requested it.  I will be refusing delivery so it will be back in a week or so, if damaged then its on the courier.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Gus  Nice one😀 I would never let a Hub1 cross the threshold. I have never used ISP supplied routers, they are usually cheap and nasty. I use a Lancom enterprise grade router and Wi-Fi access points. Totally configurable and excellent monitoring software.

Gus
Aspiring Pro

Using a Billion 8800NL has been rock solid for years now

Gus
Aspiring Pro

@adam945 the router never arrived, so unless you stopped the delivery and it was returned.  You need to chase up with the courier as its missing if not.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

No problem @Gus

I've only just come across this post, the router does appear to have been dispatched on 22/06/2021 so I'm unsure as to why it hasn't arrived, I wouldn't worry about it if you're not using it anyway.

How have you been getting on with the download speeds? further tests on the line this morning have found it to be operating within an estimated range, I'm seeing download speeds of around 52.6Mbps. Something which I overlooked last time though, DLM has turned on a low level on interleaving on the line. This preserves stability but does decrease your download speeds slightly.

Saying that, websites should not be taking 15+ seconds to load so if you've tested your wireless connection through your 3rd party router and are adamant that the issue is with the line itself, please let us know and we'll be happy to raise this with Openreach. As there are no underlying faults with the network though, it'd be likely that we'd need to arrange an engineer appointment. Have you managed to run any wired speed tests yet? If so, what speeds are you getting?

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds