Did you mean: 

slowing Fibre Broadband NEW Customer

FIXED
ratty50
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: slowing Fibre Broadband NEW Customer

Fix

Hi all   9pm  and speed just dropped off again this time ,now on BT wholesale 42.84 down and 10.3 upload 39.76 down and 12.56 upload on Plusnet Tester at 9.10 31.76 and 13,00 and 44.75 and 12.64 , i wounder if that is low enough for Plusnet to Log a Fault  , Not impressed with this erratic service

ratty50
Dabbler

Hi

speed dropped off to 42.84 and 10,30 on BT  9pm  Wholesale Tester  and 39.76 down & 12.56 up at 9.05pm on Plusnet Tester 31.28 and 13.00 at 9.10 44.75 down and 12.64 upload what poor erratic service , is this enough to log a Fault , it is only up to the 40s at 9.30pm  or does Plusnet call this a Blip   very angry 

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Still no sign of any router stats.

Speed tests vary depending on who you use, just imagine if everyone else tests at the same time as you. Even more so via WiFi, what device are you testing from? Is it capable of reliable speeds?

Have you considered using DSLstats, or Samknows, or something with more information that can help with any diagnosis, or do you just have a gripe with PlusNet?

etdsaunders
Pro
Fixes: 7

We need to see router stats ideally, Chris has said you're IP profile is right (60mb ish).

Have you tried the gateway hop solution? But given the times it sounds like possibly congestion.

Gateway hop, login to router click disconnect and wait 30 minutes and then click connect and see if it makes any difference. Worth a shot
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
If you Like it, give it a Thumbs_Up
ratty50
Dabbler

I think your last comment was a bit personal

ratty50
Dabbler

using recommended Plusnet testers  OKALA  ,Plusnet OWN Tester and BT Wholesale Tester I do not think 9pm is classed as peak time and connected with Ethernet cable not Wi Fi , after Plusnets sale pitch expected more  

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

If you Google something like 'Broadband speeds slower at peak times UK?' you will find that 9pm is very much within the evening peak range for internet use in the UK, although the average slow down varies quite a bit from area to area.

ratty50
Dabbler

Hi thanks for your response

I do think that a drop of from 62 mb to 53mb in less than a week  and then another drop of 20+  mb to 31mb last night is a bit much ,while on BT i never had anything like this even at peak times Bank Holidays  , i only left BT because of their overseas customer service center at the moment this is the poorest   service i have had and did not expect

ratty50
Dabbler

NO IT IS NOT FIXED

etdsaunders
Pro

any chance you can run a test now over wired please?

This very much sounds like either a gateway issue or congestion. What speeds does router say you're connected at?

Also can you visit https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed and tell us current line speed.
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
ratty50
Dabbler

53.07 download and 13.10 upload  2nd test 52.17 and 12.80  ist test bt wholesale 2nd test okala  .

1st 10 days of connection 62meg and very stable came back friday from a 2 day break and down to 53/54 meg just above mimimum  strange that i should have an 8meg drop on a stable line in such a short time

ratty50
Dabbler

hi 

I am over wire have been connected via ethernert cable from the start

etdsaunders
Pro

What does current line speed say https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
ratty50
Dabbler

now have problem with telephone keeps saying line in use so cannot contact anybody, no more tests this morning Hospital visit

Fibreflop
Dabbler

Hi, just thought i'd add my experience to the thread...

Was on ADSL for a couple of years with Plusnet and upgraded to FTTC a couple of months ago, speeds are maximum 21mb download but this regularly drops to below 1Mb - Had 2 BT engineers out who changed the master socket, they mentioned the copper wire from the pole could be the issue but see how it goes, 2nd BT engineer couldn't understand fluctuation of speeds, said new master socket was also faulty and replaced it. I bought a new laptop as the engineer thought it could be that, he also said the router might need replacing and he would request this from Plusnet (but a replacement never arrived) he also said Plusnet can cap speeds and there may be something not right their end. Anyway, after forking out for a new laptop, losing my extension in the kitchen (because apparently Fibre doesn't like internal extensions) I am still no better off, I just keep monitoring the speed and reporting the issues but it's becoming very tedious and time consuming, I just wanted a decent stable speed!!!

The most recent update 3rd July was as follows:

As per my message, I am sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with the speed of your connection.

I have tested your line and it appears the speed issue may be due to some incorrect settings on the account.

I have altered these and we would now expect the line to be running at full speed. If you are still experiencing issues and have tried a reboot of the router please get back in touch so we can investigate further.