Did you mean: 

slowing Fibre Broadband NEW Customer

FIXED
ratty50
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

slowing Fibre Broadband NEW Customer

Hi all

I joined Plusnet 2 weeks ago and was getting 62meg /17.50 meg   very happy after lots of problems with BT BUt now speed is slowing every day went down to 57meg 2 days ago yesterday 55meg and now just reaching 54 meg put in a complaint but no real help up to now dissppointed with plusnet can anybody help or advise have checked Hub and connected with Ethernet cable 

32 REPLIES 32
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: slowing Fibre Broadband NEW Customer

High Low High Low    
FTTC Range A (Clean) 66.8 49.9 19.8 13.8 -- Available

Current line stats:
Downstream Speed 60.3 Mbps
Upstream Speed 18.8 Mbps

Hi there, although the speed has dropped it's still well within the estimate range for your line so unfortunately if we tried to progress this as a fault, it would get rejected.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ratty50
Dabbler

Hi Thanks for your reply.

at first i had a very stable 62 meg download and 17 meg upload for 10 days came back from a 2 day break and speed had gone down to 56 meg then 55 meg yesterday and today 53 to 54 meg  , i am only 400 yds from the cabinet and connect via Ethernet , feel like Plusnet are lowering me slowly to the minimum speed so not impressed with Plusnet  to me they are not interested

Chris
Legend

There is absolutely no reason for us to do that, it's no benefit to us or you.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ratty50
Dabbler

so why is it slowing down it is a 8 meg drop 

Chris
Legend

There could be many reasons, from more people taking fibre at your cab through to something local to you causing an issue. Unfortunately as you are still within the estimates, we wouldn't be able to report this as a fault.

ratty50
Dabbler

not happy and disappointed with Plusnet and its response , just as bad as BT and that is saying something

Chris
Legend

I am sorry about that, however we are providing the speeds agreed with you and those available to you.

ratty50
Dabbler

I was told i should expect at least 60+ meg at my distance from the Cabinet , this is just like BT give you an expected speed and then give the minimum in the range will not recommend Plusnet to anyone now  , how can you justify an 8 meg drop in less than a week  ???? maybe profile lowered was 66.40 now 56 Huh

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

You may wish to read this article on how DLM works. Then you would understand why your speed has dropped. Something is causing your line to reduce, it could be the way you are connected in your house, or something external. Also how are you checking your speeds? Are you able to copy and paste the details from the Troubleshooting/Helpdesk tab from your router? Make sure you hide the personal details, email address and SSID for example.

ratty50
Dabbler

Thank you for your reply.

I was a BT Engineer working on fibre for many years.

My Line and speed were stable for 10 days it was when i came back from a 2 day break that the speed had dropped and is still dropping , like i said an 8 meg drop in less than a week is  a big drop on any connection.

I have checked all my connections in the house although i only have a master socket and No extensions and connected with an Ethernet cable and only 1 pc , line profile can be reduced by the provider an as such reduced speed so 2 speeds can be provided like 38 meg max and 66meg max , Plusnet  line is ok , I must say that this is not the service expected from Plusnet ,promise the earth and well i know now 

Chris
Legend

line profile can be reduced by the provider an as such reduced speed so 2 speeds can be provided like 38 meg max and 66meg max

The IP profile is controlled by the DLM, not the provider. Nor can we reset it on fibre lines remotely.

Your line is currently in sync at 60.3 Mbps, giving a profile of 60.1Mbps, which is what our side is set to.

Until the sync speed increases, no changes to the profile on our side are going to have any difference.

ratty50
Dabbler

nice to know my sync speed is 60 , just done a line test on BT wholesale and it is 53.91 download and 12.85 upload 

etdsaunders
Pro
Fixes: 7

Is this during peak time or all the time?
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
If you Like it, give it a Thumbs_Up
ratty50
Dabbler

Hi

this is all the time ,was great now 8 meg down 

thanks for your input