cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slowest broadband ever !!

mrsmonie

slowest broadband ever !!

I have been having issues for the last month or so with my broadband and I am sick to death of spending my life on the phone / web chat to the tech team.  I have the fibre enhanced package and it worked brilliant at the beginning until there was an issue that seemed to affect all broadband service as there was message on the customer service number stating that they knew there was an issue and they were working to rectify it ..... since then the speed has been outrageous upload speed of 0.85 and download speed of 1.89 !! There is clearly something wrong but the only solution they keep telling me is to run a cable from the router to the xbox, router is downstairs xbox upstairs, chap on the phone was even giving me advice on how to tuck it under my carpet on the stairs .... I have just reluctantly just dragged myself out the 80s so I am defo not going back ... eh so no thanks !! I no longer use my wifi as I cant even get on facebook via my phone half the time .. I have upgraded my data with my mobile phone provider so I can get access to the internet at home ... I am literally losing the will to live !!

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: slowest broadband ever !!

Hi there, 

I'm sorry to see this, when you did try the cabled connection were speeds any different to what you've seen over WiFI? I'm asking as that helps us understand what to focus on next with you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mrsmonie

I have had to order a very long Ethernet cable which I am raging about .... every time I phone that's what they tell me ... its fine our end you need to run a cable the length of your house !!  Let all go back to the 80s trying to tuck cables down the back of the skirting board .... who wants to do that ??!!  I have tried to cancel my contract but PlusNet want practically a mortgage payment to do that ... I cannot wait till this contract is nearly up as I will reluctantly buy myself out ... will never get PlusNet again and will absolutely steer people clear ....

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

If you want guranteed speeds & reliability then cabled is the only way to go. Wi-Fi or any service sent out over a radio signal has too many factors that could affect performance.

I have a cabled Giagabit network for PCs, NAS, streaming boxes etc & only use wireless for portables eg. phone, tablet.

If I were doing diagnostics I'd definentley do it from a cabled connection for accurate results.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Whilst I understand it may be frustrating due to the way wireless works we can't guarantee that the speeds will be fine over this method.

In addition we wouldn't release you from your contract due to a wireless issue I'm afraid.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team