cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow upload stuck profile after migration

PhilP

slow upload stuck profile after migration

Hi All

for some reason plusnet chat doesnt work on any of my devices even though it shows as online, it just wont let me continue once i have entered my text

also 30 mins wait on the phone, so have reverted to here, hopefully some plusnet staff can pick this up.

i migrated from BT. my download profile seems ok but my upload speed is up to 2mb.

i was seeing approx 8 to 10mb with BT

when i first got fibre in this area, i was the third person on the cabinet to get it. i had 50mb down and 12mb up

when more subscribers came on this went to approx 30m down and approx 10 up with BT.

since migrating to plusnet i see approx 36m down and 1.8up.

is there a way this can be reset, it certainly looks like a stuck profile.

i have yet to do the BT checker as people are using the internet but i know enough that the consistent results push me in this direction

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: slow upload stuck profile after migration

Hello @PhilP

Sorry to hear you're experiencing slow upload speeds. The upstream on the package you've signed up to is capped at 2 Mbps I'm afraid. Sad

If you would like an increased upstream (and downstream) speed you would need to upgrade to Unlimited Fibre Extra.

Apologies for any disappointment.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@PhilP    Were you not told of the 2 mb upload cap ??  or did you not see it anywhere ?

Its actually Hidden in the Legal bit on the main PN page ,

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
PhilP

Hi
Package I went for

Broadband package
Unlimited Fibre
Phone package
Line Only
Monthly Line rental
Contract
18 month contract

Can you please confirm?
Thanks
PhilP

@rongtw It was not made obvious to me when signing up
The package itself doesn't actually suit me now
Also the unlimited
Package doesnt either as my download speed would never benefit form the extra package so I am spending extra purely on my upload which I thought was a given.

Plusnet what are my options please.
Broadband went active on the 13th.

PhilP

Interesting.

inhave just gone through the process I did previously and it does not mention anything about upload being capped at 2mb.

this is very misleading.

i would appreciate plusnet looking in to this for me!

even on the confirmation it states my suggested download speed, nothing about upload

i feel this is well hidden.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm sorry but the upload speed is shown in the 'here's the legal bit' section on the package page as you go through the signup. If you need a higher upload speed, you'd need to look at our Fibre Extra product.

Fibre Broadband

† Fibre broadband speed is described as 'up to' because your actual download speeds will vary. We'll give you the best download speed available on your line, with up to 76Mb download speed and 19Mb upload speeds on Unlimited Fibre Extra, and up to 38Mb download speed and 1.9Mb upload speeds on Unlimited Fibre. This is dependent on your location, phone line, home wiring and time of day. We'll provide you with a speed estimate when you check availability of our products. Find out why speeds vary.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris wrote:

Fibre Broadband

† Fibre broadband speed is described ...

Is it purely coincidence that a crucifix is being used to highlight the Fibre broadband speed, or does it serve as an indication as to what will happen to it? Cheesy