cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow upload speed and ring doorbells

Cleggy

slow upload speed and ring doorbells

Hi,

after a lot of messing about i have found out that our fluctuating 0.5 -1 Mbps isn't any good for our ring door bell or outdoor camera. all we get are late notifications and a videos of people walking away. i was hoping to get notifications and videos of people walking up our path. and if they ring the bell being able to talk to them if i was there. we cant do either 

is there any way of getting a better upload speed with plusnet?

i have done a search in the forums and only found people swapping to adsl 2+? and having caps lifted. 

Any help greatly received

Matt

3 REPLIES 3
raoulsilva
Grafter

Re: slow upload speed and ring doorbells

Hi Matt.

What model door bell and camera do you have? Is it definitely due to the Plusnet connection (and not the wi-fi connection from the bell to the access point?)

Cleggy

its a ring doorbell 2 which is the other side of a wall 500mm away from the router next to the bt master socket. we split the wifi and both are only connected to the 2.4ghz. signal strength is great. we have changed the plusnet router for a new one with no change (we also had issues with the 5ghz not connecting so got a new router, it didn't help) we have checked there are no WiFi channels clashing with our neighbor.

online they seem to suggest 2 Mbps is needed and ours fluctuates between 0.5 and 1

raoulsilva
Grafter

ah right. So it would appear to be the Plusnet connection Matt. Guess you need to raise a support ticket with them.