cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow speed

louiswood
Dabbler

slow speed

my sync speed is at 69mbps but I only get 54mbps. I have had Openreach out but they have not been able to fix it(3 lift and shifts on the port and used a spare line coming to our block of flats). is there any reason that there is a 20% difference in speeds. also our guaranteed minimum download speed is 67mbps. (not sync speed because of the new Ofcom regs that Plusnet signed up to). any help in getting this sorted would be much appreciated. when we first moved in we were getting 75mbps download speeds and has dropped over the last 5 months

edit(speed is 15mbps lower on Plusnet hub one and unifi enterprise equipment and has actually dropped by 2mbps since the engineer has visited.)

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
louiswood
Dabbler

Re: slow speed

from my broadband page

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @louiswood,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. I've responded to you on another thread on here just a few minutes ago, but going forward using this thread would be best for discussing your fault. I've checked your account and can see that this is already being looked into as a fault and that the last update was on Friday, essentially advising that we'd sent the case back to our suppliers and were awaiting a further update. Upon retesting your line, I can see that the speed is currently syncing at 60.9Mbps download speed, which is just within your estimates. Before we go any further at this stage, I'd ask if this is the case for your throughput speeds when testing the speed in the property whilst the router is connected to the test socket and the test is being done on a device connected via Ethernet cable to the router?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
louiswood
Dabbler

My minimum speed is 67 though and I’m only getting 54.5 master socket and test socket.
louiswood
Dabbler

can i see the gea that is saying my speed is at 60.9 please and what is a kbd test? as aparently one of them has been ran and is showing a fault. if io could see both that would be great.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @louiswood

I've provided the info you've requested on your open fault ticket here.

Unfortunately, despite the stability of your line improving, the speed of your account is still lower than we'd expect after the additional external work. Therefore it is likely that a subsequent engineer to your property would be required.

If you'd like to arrange this, please provide your availability via the ticket I've linked and we'll get that booked in for you.

Best wishes

Dave