cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow speed

desperate

slow speed

Hi

Had PN fibre extra for 2 weeks and I am only getting 30 to 36 MB sometimes as low as 10 , I have tested hard wired at the router and the router is connected directly to the main incoming socket

This is far short of the promised minimum speed, I have been through all the help notes and tried all the usual stuf. The good news is that it has so far been stable

ideas please and a test check

3 REPLIES 3
desperate

Re: slow speed

just tested again using the BT wholesale and on further diagnostics it says as below, but I signed up for up to 76 MB and the best for my connection is only 38

1. Downstream Test:  -provides background information.

Download Speed
  37.44 Mbps

0 Mbps 38.45 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 37.44 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 26.92 Mbps-38.45 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 38.45 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed
  8.19 Mbps

0 Mbps 20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 8.19Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre Broadband.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @desperate

I am sorry to hear you're having issues with your broadband speeds.

I've had a check of the connection and the speeds shown to me are similar to the ones you've put. Although our tests aren't picking up exactly what's causing the issue so we will have to do some troubleshooting to start ruling things out.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here: http://goo.gl/p2tpvL

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

If the problem still persists from here we will go down the route of raising a fault and getting an engineer out to investigate further. Let us know how it goes. - Faris

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team