Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow speed

eddiego00n
Dabbler

slow speed

Hi,
Having a few speed issues, my line test by plus net says I should be receiving approx 78mb but I'm only receiving 37mb. I live in a complex that used to be offices but are now converted to flats having spoken to a neighbour who is with Sky he had the same problem and a engineer came out and changed a internal cable in the complex to his property and he now receives about 80mb.
Would this be the same problem as to why I'm receiving such slow speeds?.
Having moved from a cabled area I'm really struggling with the Internet I'm getting at present.

Kind Regards
Eddie
7 REPLIES 7
eddiego00n
Dabbler

Re: slow speed

My estimated line speed is 67mb

And it states my current line speed is 78mb????Huh
eddiego00n
Dabbler

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Welcome to the forums Wink As you have prob noticed in the forums, lots of people having issues and very little support given... If your speeds are really that low then you need to raise a ticket with plusnet, and report a fault i know its going to take some time for them to act on it but at the moment its your best option.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It looks like an order to move you to the faster speeds is due to complete tomorrow. Let us know how it goes after that.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
eddiego00n
Dabbler

I will do Chris..Fingers crossed.
AngelaAndSimon

I switched my fibre package to the max speed (76) a few weeks ago (11th sept I put the order in) and have seen no increase in performance since - it's like the switch hasn't taken place.  I got a webmail stating that the "product change" had been done on 12th September, but alas no change thus far ...

My other-half was a line-engineer at one point (23 years in Telecomms/IT) and has done the diags to show that we -are- capable of reaching maybe ~80mbps and the line is looking reliable/good.  We currently get 51/52mbps download and 10-12 upload - this has not changed for the past four or five weeks (he regularly checks the line Wink )

We are using the latest HubOne fibre router.

Any ideas from PlusNet users as we're not getting what we paid for here and we're getting frustrated after being with PlusNet for many years ?

Thanks, Angela.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@AngelaAndSimon

It looks like the order hasn't been placed correctly, so at the moment your speeds won't have increased. I'm going to cancel the order that's in place and I should be able to submit the correct one tomorrow, to complete on Thursday.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.